The Sheffield gay scene part 2

Aaron,

Who decides what "needs" to be in a gay friendly venue?! Ive said what I think about magazines, and the policy is not changing.

Why do you say the straight customers are the only decent ones?! Everyones money is as good as anyone elses, regardless of sex, sexuality or colour!

No, we don't lease it, we own the building and the freehold. So for a bar with a 5 bedroom apartment above it in the city centre, its hundreds of thousands. For your info, we are having a major refurb in about 8 weeks time, so the tiredness you speak of will be no more. Rudeness? To people like you maybe! Illegal activities? We have a few policeman as good friends who come in when they're off duty, and have a very good relationship with the police in general and with licencing, I can assure you they are not dim and would be onto us if such activities were permitted to happen.

I wouldn't say i stalk you, dont flatter yourself! I know exactly who you are.

Aaron,

Who decides what "needs" to be in a gay friendly venue?! Ive said what I think about magazines, and the policy is not changing.

Why do you say the straight customers are the only decent ones?! Everyones money is as good as anyone elses, regardless of sex, sexuality or colour!

No, we don't lease it, we own the building and the freehold. So for a bar with a 5 bedroom apartment above it in the city centre, its hundreds of thousands. For your info, we are having a major refurb in about 8 weeks time, so the tiredness you speak of will be no more. Rudeness? To people like you maybe! Illegal activities? We have a few policeman as good friends who come in when they're off duty, and have a very good relationship with the police in general and with licencing, I can assure you they are not dim and would be onto us if such activities were permitted to happen.

I wouldn't say i stalk you, dont flatter yourself! I know exactly who you are.

You yourself should be able to realise what is needed in such a venue. Whether or not you think it is needed or not, because you want sustain £££££. obviously you have said there is no room for whatever reasons for this magazine, but yet you'll find whereever this magazine has been offered to other venues that they accept the magazine with open arms.

As for the comment about customers, I was referring to the fact that your straight customers are probably the ones that put most of the money into LL. Because you and I know ourselves that people are more than happy to be either ****** before going into a bar and happy to entrance fees, then paying nothing else out.

And I still don't believe that the bar and this apparent apartment above is worth hundreds of thousands, maybe stretching out at 150k. There is no possibility that bar and facilities in the bar are woth much. I also add my pleasure to hear you are actually having a refurb, but this is needed more than ever, even a lot more than at Dempsey's. My rudeness is due to the negligence of the bar staff and door staff that are/was working at LL when I visited. I spent ages trying to get in, to see the guy taking money trying to chat someone up, letting in people free, because they have a friend who they fancy and the door staff that was on was very homophobic in such a way (although I do believe you to have new door staff). Also I say these illegal activies are taking place at LL, maybe not in front of people's eyes, but they are happening. I have mentioned countless times about people smoking inside the venue, but you disagreed, I have no reason to lie about it. And also the doorman just laughing to himself as someone was pretty much selling drugs in front of his eyes, but gladly let them back in LL.

As for Facebook and stuff, it isn't hard to know who I am. I post on people's facebook and seem to be the only Aaron around Sheffield, but it seems a bit stalkerish to say you know who I am and about facebook stuff too and you're not even on my friend list. :loopy::loopy:

Take it outside ladies.

I mean no offence, but couldn't help noticing this. Both Frank and Kath Drabble, who were the licencees of the very popular Yorkshireman, would be very surprised to find that it is now a gay bar. They were family friends and I recall the pub, living quarters and the roof garden in the 1950's.

Is this what goes on in those places?

I mean no offence, but couldn't help noticing this. Both Frank and Kath Drabble, who were the licencees of the very popular Yorkshireman, would be very surprised to find that it is now a gay bar. They were family friends and I recall the pub, living quarters and the roof garden in the 1950's.

By 'I mean no offence', do you mean the former licencees may have been homophobic?

By 'I mean no offence', do you mean the former licencees may have been homophobic?

I'm sure that he would have been, as with most folk born circa 1900. When you state "former", he died around 40 years ago, and would never have heard the word 'homophobic'.

So get off your soap box, black folk couldn't sit in the same area in buses as whites in some US states in those days.

Moving swiftly on!!!

Sheffield Out of Office have announced their June event, a preview performance of the play The Pride, on 23rd June 2011. Out of Office is a group for LGBT professionals in Sheffield and South Yorkshire launched last November, and so far we have managed to hold some great events. Please check out the website http://www.sheffield-outofoffice.co.uk to find out more.

We are also on facebook, just search for Sheffield Out of Office and like our page to be kept in the loop with event invites and updates.

We are shortly going to be launching our first Sheffield LGBT Census, to gather a snapshot of what the LGBT Community in Sheffield, on a wide scale, look like today, as well as gathering views about the gay scene and how people would like to see it develop. I'll update you all when we launch it and post the link to gather as wide a selection of responses as possible.

I'm sure that he would have been, as with most folk born circa 1900. When you state "former", he died around 40 years ago, and would never have heard the word 'homophobic'.

So get off your soap box, black folk couldn't sit in the same area in buses as whites in some US states in those days.

I have no idea what your point is.

Although I do wonder how you have hundred of thousands invested in the place? The place is on lease isn't it? and deffo isn't worth hundreds of thouands, because it's the worst venue in Sheffield for facilties, muckyness, rudeness and illegal activities.

Not a bad guess Aaron it went for 160k. Pretty cheap when you consider what you get for that, the real ongoing issue is that the Council are still publicly at least stating they intend to go ahead with the Seven Stone project, and that at some point in the next few years they will act upon the CPO that has already been served.

Though the title of ownership is now held by a company registered in Somerset, I am assuming the investor.

I have no idea what your point is.

Not half as much as I wonder what yours is, the Yorkshireman is now a gay bar, the Odeon is now a bingo hall, The Stonehouse is now part of tk maxx, Cockaynes is now Argos and Walshes is now TJ Huges. If you have a problrem with any of these facts, I suggest that you hit the report button. :confused: