Dog walkers wanted for Kilnhurst rescue dogs

Fallen I think it is the one you were trying to get to on the bus the other week. Or have I got the wrong person?

Yep thats me, it would have cost me and my partner £11.80 to go walk the dogs :( id love to wak the dogs regularly specially as ic ant have one of my own lol.

I'll give them a ring later in the week but do you know offhand what kind of times they let you walk them Rain? We walk for Sheffield Dog Rescue at the moment as it's a little closer to us but we might be able to do the odd trip out to Kilnhurst also

I have just spoken to Jeanette and if people wanted to go up this Saturday we can either go early (leave Sheffield at 9) or after 12:30 (to give the dogs time to digest their breakfast).

I am more than willing to drive and there will be four places in the car for other willing volunteers (you will have to put up with dog hair in the car though!!!). I live in Hillsborough and only have a limited knowledge of Sheffield so people may have to make their way to somewhere I know so I can pick them up but I am sure we can work that out. If you want to come pm me.

Thanks Emnmax - sounds promising. Give em a hug from me.

Purrball - Jeanette is very flexible - just give her a call and check its ok for you to go over when you get the chance. There is someone there all day every day - just a case of getting something that needs a good walk out.

thank you all

rr

Maybe you could put an ad on the volanteer website for Sheffield/Rotherham. http://www.do-it.org Im not sure if you have to pay to set up an account or if its actually feasable but It maybe worth looking into and if help is needed the forumer's who cant get down to walk the dogs would try and help out (count me in)

Just a thought, if i was near by would jump at the chance if I had a couple of hours to spare, so may get some interested doggie lovers in the area.

Perhaps we could get a database of dog walkers for different areas. The number of pounds needing such volunteer help is staggering tbh.

My partner and I went over to the kennels this afternoon, some lovely dogs in!

We took out

Oscar - what a sweetie! He has the softest fur and behaved perfectly. In fact all the dogs we took out behaved beautifully!

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/photo0267m.jpg/

Rocko - such a handsome lad. I love big dogs and would have sneaked off with him ;)

http://img251.imageshack.us/i/photo0263p.jpg/

Sasha - how this lady is still in rescue is beyond me. She was so placid and just wanted to be loved, so much so it was difficult to get a photo of her as she didn't want to stop being stroked!

http://img28.imageshack.us/i/photo0272i.jpg/

Jasper - Jasper is a lovely little dog, he's looking so well and loved his walk and cuddles!

http://img202.imageshack.us/i/photo0252m.jpg/

So many dogs, so little time! If anyone gets the chance do please head up to Kilnhurst :)

Such lovely dogs, I bet that they enjoyed a walk Purrball...lots have sad eyes especially Sascha, such a shame for them, but you will have brightened up their day massively bless you :)

Perhaps we could get a database of dog walkers for different areas. The number of pounds needing such volunteer help is staggering tbh.

This is a great idea.

I might be able to do this as I am in Worksop on placement at the moment. Will phone and find out - might be the ideal way to beat rush hour!

Fingers crossed, next weekend ill be popping over. I'll have 3 spare seats in the car, although is isnt a HUGE car so probably be easier with just 2 spare seats. If 3 people, are willing to scrunch up for half hour or so then youre welcome to come along. I'm in Shiregreen and will be going over Thorpe Hesley way so cant really pick anybody up on my way, but im really easy enough to find in Shiregreen. If anyone wants to drop me a PM, and ill be arranging it before next weds to go over probably so will know for def by Thurs the time i'm going. It'll most likely be the Sunday. I will be wanting to walk the dogs for a fair length of time (Im looking at fostering one, so want to get to know some of the dogs). Im thinking, obviously all depending, maybe taking some packed lunches over and having some dinner if the weathers nice? I dont know just yet. Maybe we could try and get a convoy type of thing going, 6 cars all packed with people going over to walk the dogs :hihi:

Hey Gina i live at firth park and id love to go if you could squeeze my fat ass in lol.

Dont worry love, im sure your backside aint as big as mine haha! If you deffo want to come, then that leaves 2 seats (or does your partner want to come?) :)