Dog walkers wanted for Kilnhurst rescue dogs

These dogs have all had a terrible time, and their lives are still on hold awaiting new permanent loving homes.

Meanwhile they need kind dog walkers, to give them some time away from kennels and go for a good walk. Netherlands do have a walker, but when there are so many dogs in - it reduces the time they manage to get them out of kennels for.

Kilnhurst is rotherham/barnsley/doncaster border - post code on our website under rotherham dogs as are the pictures of the dogs awaiting homes.

Not had any offers of any walkers to get the dogs out? There are some lovely ones in kennels, and all desperate for human company and some exercise.

Can any people manage to get over there or is it the distance thats the problem?

I've got a few days off over Easter so hope to manage to get over there.

Had a quick look around the other day when I dropped a dog off there, some nice ones.

They'd really appreciate a walk, it's so boring for them being cooped up for so long.

Where abouts is it? Me and my sister in law might be able to come over :)

Would love to but it's 3 bus journeys for me:sad:

Not had any offers of any walkers to get the dogs out? There are some lovely ones in kennels, and all desperate for human company and some exercise.

Can any people manage to get over there or is it the distance thats the problem?

I think for lots of people it probably is the distance that is the problem Rain, unfortunately not all have their own transport and it can be all but impossible to get to lots of kennels without it as they tend to be off main bus routes.

I am willing to take my car over if anyone would like a lift? Could go on Sat/Sun morning which ever people preferred.

Only trouble is my dog! Would they let me take him along for the walk? I know it will limit what dogs I can walk but if I fill all the seats in my car less sociable dogs can go with one of the others. Its just I can't really leave him at home as he is on his own all week whilst I work, weekends are his special days when we go for long walks and have long cuddles!!

Where abouts is it? Me and my sister in law might be able to come over :)

Fallen I think it is the one you were trying to get to on the bus the other week. Or have I got the wrong person?

Thanks everyone for the offer - the kennels aren't the easiest - they are just down the hill from Rawmarsh and so probably needs a car. There are some lovely walks though and great appreciative dogs.

Maybe if we could get some more interested - we could get it to be a regular thing?

Address is on our website under Rescue dogs -

Netherlands Boarding Kennels, Kilnhurst Rd, Kilnhurst S64 5TL : Tel :

Phone Jeanette on 07786 292 104

Give Jeanette a call and check times and ok to go - then once you get into a system, you can be as regular or not. Its being able to handle lively strong dogs thats the main key - but some aren't bad to walk - and some are happy for a play or a cuddle too.

Emma - would you be able to walk 2 dogs at a time? I think maybe the first time - go on your own, to see them - then find out which are ok - with other dogs. Its not easy when the kennel dogs are so hyper and stressed - but I know what you mean and there will be some that are ok with others - just makes it hard to do for you.

Oh and Rain only just seen this post and never saw the original but as you know as soon as I can I will be over to spend an hour or two dishing out some loves!

thanks all

Ha starlett - i like your comment about having some room for nancy - boy you will need some room to squeeze her in too bless her.

Have you seen the new video i loaded on our site? check it out she's a darling.(took me hours to sort though - )