Looking for any friends/family of the late Marti Caine please

My brother used to know her in the 60s 70s and I think he is Godfather to one of her kids?

I was very young in the 70s but in later years I once asked my Mum, who was that funny lady who used to come to the house?

She told me it was Marti.

As for a VCR recording, were they around in 74?

Youtube seems a goo bet tho.

My brother used to know her in the 60s 70s and I think he is Godfather to one of her kids?

I was very young in the 70s but in later years I once asked my Mum, who was that funny lady who used to come to the house?

She told me it was Marti.

As for a VCR recording, were they around in 74?

Youtube seems a goo bet tho.

VCR's were very new then. The School had one and recorded the show but unfortunately the PE teacher taped a rugby match over it two days later!!

Tried You Tube but no luck..

Thanks for posting anyway

I'm looking for the same episode! My father also appeared in the dec '74 new faces show with Marti Caine. He was part of a duo called 2-a-penny I believe. Have you had any luck?

I am afraid not but if you check your PM's I will send you a picture of your Dad in the TV times if this is of interest?

Neil

I always thought her first name was Lynne not Ann.She called herself Marti Caine after someone told her that she looked like a tomato cane,please tell me if I am wrong.

his shop was just just off sharrow lane, wostentolme rd i think

there's no butcher's shop there, now, sadly, 'lad.

I heard the ex- hubby had a shop at banner cross.

Marti Caine of course was Ann Stringer, and she always told people she was known as "String Bean" due to being very thin. She worked in a transport cafe, I remember where it was, but cannot recall the name of the street, but was somewhere in the Attercliffe vicinity. Her husband was in fact a butcher, called him Mel Stringer. Once Ann was earning good money and moved up in the working mens clubs circuits, she bought him a butchers shop. No idea if he moved to a larger shop, but possibly the first one was just off London Road.

She used to be on the club circuit with a good friend on mine, who was also one of my fathers emplyees. He was a singer and thre two of them were often at Dial House Club. When she won the talent show which was the start of her career, he was also in the competition. Thus she moved from her early days of striptease to commediene and singer.

She bought Mel a second hand Rolls as the money started to come in, and very often my late father let them have petrol for it on credit so they could get to some venue or other. He also knew Ann and Mel quite well.

Nice people, but not a perfect marriage at the time I knew them.

Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia

Lynne Stringer, wasn't it?

She was born Lynne Shepherd and became Lynne Stringer on Marriage to Mel. I know that she married very young . I knew her through my Mum and Dad as my Mum was organist and Dad concert secretary at Intake club.

Edited by SILLY

I met a relative of hers in the Rawson Spring at Hillsborough, His name is Max Stringer and I think his wife is called Cath. Believe they live at Wisewood and I'm sure he's on facebook if that's any good to you.

Here she is singing with Tony Christi, there more down the right hand side.

It was Lynn Shephard, married Malcolm Stringer, my sister used to go to school with her and when I was very little my sister and I went to tap dancing class run by a lady known as Aunt Sally, think it was Sally Carmichael, somewhere at Firth Park or Sheffield Lane Top, remember getting batter bits from the chippy at Firth Park on the way home, and Lynn was also one of the pupils there.

An old friend of mine, John (Alex) Bremner also appeared on New Faces as part of a trio called 'Jay Dee Jay trio', he lived at Hillsborough in the 70s, and worked at Walsh's/Rackhams, anyone know what happened to him?.

I do as he is my uncle, he moved to Spain in the mid 80's and has only recently returned.