Looking for any friends/family of the late Marti Caine please

Met her once to talk to. She was very open about her illness etc. You just couldn't help liking her. She never lost her Sheffield connections.

Now I just bought her book for a friend to read I read it just after Marti died its called a cowards chronicle amazing book i never put it down till i had read it.The thing with Marti she never lost the common touch and always stopped to say hello to anyone that spoke to her ..................

Edited by sand_dollars

Now I just bought her book for a friend to read I read it just after Marti died its called a cowards chronicle amazing book i never put it down till i had read it

i'll look out for it, thanks

i'll look out for it, thanks

I got it of ebay for £1.74 Its a bloody good read and so Martie Caine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cowards-Chronicles-Marti-Caine-Used-/170689788639?pt=Fiction&hash=item27bde77adf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cowards-Chronicles-Marti-Caine-/170683618097?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item27bd895331

Edited by sand_dollars

have you tried martie caine new faces on you tube there is quite a lot of martie on there.

hi there ,if you are still interested in contacting friends /family of marti caine i can help you .cheers nico34

Hi nico34,

Thank you for your offer - please reply to either the PM I have sent or re post here as I am keen to obtain your help as you have so kindly offered.

Neil

Have you tried Bobby Knutt, in his books he called Marti 'Mother' and the had a good working relationship with her when they did the clubs etc. You could try the usual contact places ie Twitter, Facebook etc.

Have you tried Bobby Knutt, in his books he called Marti 'Mother' and the had a good working relationship with her when they did the clubs etc. You could try the usual contact places ie Twitter, Facebook etc.

Thanks Jacko - I will :)

Marti Caine of course was Ann Stringer, and she always told people she was known as "String Bean" due to being very thin. She worked in a transport cafe, I remember where it was, but cannot recall the name of the street, but was somewhere in the Attercliffe vicinity. Her husband was in fact a butcher, called him Mel Stringer. Once Ann was earning good money and moved up in the working mens clubs circuits, she bought him a butchers shop. No idea if he moved to a larger shop, but possibly the first one was just off London Road.

She used to be on the club circuit with a good friend on mine, who was also one of my fathers emplyees. He was a singer and thre two of them were often at Dial House Club. When she won the talent show which was the start of her career, he was also in the competition. Thus she moved from her early days of striptease to commediene and singer.

She bought Mel a second hand Rolls as the money started to come in, and very often my late father let them have petrol for it on credit so they could get to some venue or other. He also knew Ann and Mel quite well.

Nice people, but not a perfect marriage at the time I knew them.

Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia

Marti Caine of course was Ann Stringer, and she always told people she was known as "String Bean" due to being very thin. She worked in a transport cafe, I remember where it was, but cannot recall the name of the street, but was somewhere in the Attercliffe vicinity. Her husband was in fact a butcher, called him Mel Stringer. Once Ann was earning good money and moved up in the working mens clubs circuits, she bought him a butchers shop. No idea if he moved to a larger shop, but possibly the first one was just off London Road.

She used to be on the club circuit with a good friend on mine, who was also one of my fathers emplyees. He was a singer and thre two of them were often at Dial House Club. When she won the talent show which was the start of her career, he was also in the competition. Thus she moved from her early days of striptease to commediene and singer.

She bought Mel a second hand Rolls as the money started to come in, and very often my late father let them have petrol for it on credit so they could get to some venue or other. He also knew Ann and Mel quite well.

Nice people, but not a perfect marriage at the time I knew them.

Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia

Thank you for taking the time to post this information. If possible, I would be really interested in making contact with your good friend who was also in Marti's first competition as this was the show I was in and maybe he recorded the TV broadcast?

If you can PM me that would be fantastic and once again, thank you for your post.

Neil

I'm looking for the same episode! My father also appeared in the dec '74 new faces show with Marti Caine. He was part of a duo called 2-a-penny I believe. Have you had any luck?

An old friend of mine, John (Alex) Bremner also appeared on New Faces as part of a trio called 'Jay Dee Jay trio', he lived at Hillsborough in the 70s, and worked at Walsh's/Rackhams, anyone know what happened to him?.