Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

I've hardly played VT09 at home, so many games and so little time. :(

I don't know specifically what the glitches are but I thought they'd been addressed in a patch. It is annoying though as the same thing is preventing me from 1000g on Assassin's Creed 2.

I was the company champ on Block Buster on VT:WT on PSP (4.5 million points) so want to at least try and get on the leaderboards for that one!

The glitch that prevented Coronation (win King of Players tourney) was fixed in a patch. But that same patch broke the Style Guru (unlock all playing styles) achievement. I had to get Coronation, clear my cache to delete the patch and then get Style Guru (which means my Style Guru doesn't have a date as you can't sign into Live without the latest version). Annoying. AFAIK, the get all gold medals achievement is still glitched and doesn't work for anyone without hacking the gamesave, not that I would ever get that achievement since it requires at least 100 hours and a lot of online play and there's nobody online anymore.

I'll race you to 1000g in a few weeks. ;)

I win :)

And a great game it is too, much better than the demo, gorgeous, impeccably designed. A few things I'd change (online doesn't work, I spent about an hour last night being told a session was no longer available despite it appearing in the game list 20 seconds later; why are their 3 HotD tracks and no tracks for Crazy Taxi??; WTF is with the size of Ryo's hair in his picture?!; achievement descriptions are very misleading, triple-weapon in particular, and Shadow thing with Fighters Megamix not working if you press A), but on the whole I very much enjoyed it. Job well done. What you working on next?

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it in the end. :D

I'd have beat you if it wasn't for lack of time ;) Just got the Gold License left to earn. I did 1000g the release candidate though. :P

I've had the 'no longer available' thing happen on the odd occasion, not sure what's going on there. There is another title update on the way which prepares for the DLC, and as a bonus addresses various issues.

It would have been great to have a track per character, but time/budget didn't allow it. As for Ryo's hair, maybe it's windswept or something ... Sega are very particular about their IP and everything went through a meticulous approval process so they must have been fine with it.

Seen you on the TT leaderboards! I'm actually pretty rubbish. I can't believe some of the world records. 36 seconds on Whale Lagoon! I've only just managed to scrape under 40.

What's next? I'm not at liberty to discuss it sadly ...

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it in the end. :D

I'd have beat you if it wasn't for lack of time ;) Just got the Gold License left to earn. I did 1000g the release candidate though. :P

I've had the 'no longer available' thing happen on the odd occasion, not sure what's going on there. There is another title update on the way which prepares for the DLC, and as a bonus addresses various issues.

It would have been great to have a track per character, but time/budget didn't allow it. As for Ryo's hair, maybe it's windswept or something ... Sega are very particular about their IP and everything went through a meticulous approval process so they must have been fine with it.

Seen you on the TT leaderboards! I'm actually pretty rubbish. I can't believe some of the world records. 36 seconds on Whale Lagoon! I've only just managed to scrape under 40.

What's next? I'm not at liberty to discuss it sadly ...

I didn't play it properly for the first week after release to due Heavy Rain addiction, and have spent the last few days interchanging it with FIFA 10 Ultimate Team, but I noticed yesterday afternoon you were one achievement from the end, so I ground it out last night to make sure I beat you :)

It suffers from Viva Pinata Syndrome, in that it has a silly "play for x time" achievement that takes far longer to do than the rest of the game. I was on 820G with just the gold license left with 520k miles done. Spent two hours last night doing a one-lap race on Treetops over and over again (about 120 times) grinding up the miles. Not as fun as the rest of it! And tell whoever decided to put in a get-all-other-achievements achievement that it's cheap, not fun and smacks of laziness.

DLC you say? Will it have more achievements?

The leaderboard times are stupid. I can't get near them. I couldn't get near your times for most of them either, though to be fair I just did one lap from a standing start for them all, so if you did multiple laps you have an advantage.

Re Ryo, maybe Sega's approver had never played Shenmue. The hair on the character model is ok, but on his picture when selecting him it's really, really tall. Like he has a loaf of bread on his head. His hair is meant to be very short. It's also alarming seeing him smile when he wins a race, since even when he's ecstatic in Shenmue he never, ever, ever smiles.

Are you allowed to say anything about the DLC? Or in fact anything about anything you may ever do again, ever? I hate NDAs :)

Can't talk about the DLC either. :( You shouldn't have to wait long though.

You should have ground out the last few miles on Time Attack! 120 single lap races on Treetops is insane. :hihi:

The 'get all' achievement is a side effect of the PS3 Platinum trophy. My fault I'm afraid - we wanted to keep the sets the same for both platforms.

Ryo's smile is frightening - it's like the bit in Addams Family Values where Wednesday forces a grin out.

Interesting factoid - Before I balanced the Sega Miles stuff, the Gold License was set to 8,000,000 miles. Imagine if that was left in. ;)

Can't talk about the DLC either. :( You shouldn't have to wait long though.

You should have ground out the last few miles on Time Attack! 120 single lap races on Treetops is insane. :hihi:

The 'get all' achievement is a side effect of the PS3 Platinum trophy. My fault I'm afraid - we wanted to keep the sets the same for both platforms.

Ryo's smile is frightening - it's like the bit in Addams Family Values where Wednesday forces a grin out.

Interesting factoid - Before I balanced the Sega Miles stuff, the Gold License was set to 8,000,000 miles. Imagine if that was left in. ;)

Not that I'd normally tell someone how the game they made works, but... :)

I did try that. I tried a lot of things. Eventually I came to the conclusion that the race win bonus was disproportionally high so one-lap races were the way to go. Racing Treetops on time trial seemed to get me around 700 miles a lap. Doing a race nets 700 miles a lap with a 1,200 mile 1st place bonus. So a 35 second race coming 1st on Treetops nets 1,900 miles in a 55 second turnaround. This was the most efficient miles:time method I could find.

I've come to the conclusion I'm the world's most average player at this. In an 8-player online ranked match I would usually have 3 players 20 seconds in front of me and 4 players 20 seconds behind me, just casually driving round by myself. I had to stop and wait for the slow players to catch up then drive slowly alongside them to have something to shoot at when going for the 100 online kills.

And if you'd left it at 8 million I would've hunted you down and beaten you to death with a stick :)

So, Segasonic...

:suspect:

...when are we gonna get GTI Club on 360? ;)

Not that I'd normally tell someone how the game they made works, but... :)

I did try that. I tried a lot of things. Eventually I came to the conclusion that the race win bonus was disproportionally high so one-lap races were the way to go. Racing Treetops on time trial seemed to get me around 700 miles a lap. Doing a race nets 700 miles a lap with a 1,200 mile 1st place bonus. So a 35 second race coming 1st on Treetops nets 1,900 miles in a 55 second turnaround. This was the most efficient miles:time method I could find.

I've come to the conclusion I'm the world's most average player at this. In an 8-player online ranked match I would usually have 3 players 20 seconds in front of me and 4 players 20 seconds behind me, just casually driving round by myself. I had to stop and wait for the slow players to catch up then drive slowly alongside them to have something to shoot at when going for the 100 online kills.

And if you'd left it at 8 million I would've hunted you down and beaten you to death with a stick :)

I can't argue with your maths there. :)

So, Segasonic...

:suspect:

...when are we gonna get GTI Club on 360? ;)

As much as I'd love that to happen, it's Konami's decision. Nowt to do with us. :(

As much as I'd love that to happen, it's Konami's decision. Nowt to do with us. :(
Understandable, but... Bah :cry:

Got the game on the 360 and love it! I'm currently playing that and Battlefield BC 2!

Job well done. What you working on next?

Shouldn't be too hard to guess it is Sumo after all, probably summat that involves racing a car or playing tennis. Maybe a super duper crossover of the two eh Jody ;)

Anyone for Virtua Outrun Sega Superstar Tennis All Stars Challenge GTI?

Ahhhh good old Sumo churning out the usual tat...if i was you i'd leave it a couple of weeks...days...hours? After release and start checking out the bargain bins :)