One born every minute - channel 4

Just thought all you mums/mums to be might like to know a new series starts tonight on 4, not sure if it's 8pm or 9pm, called one born every minute about a maternity unit in Southampton. I'll be watching it, I'm expecting my 3rd but love programmes to do with babies and birth.

I can't make my mind up whether to watch it or not - will it scare me or calm me about giving birth shortly!!

i know im in 2 minds about watching it as well as im due next week and already getting scared, im not sure if i watch it, it will worry me more lol!!

I can't help myself with anything like this, love it. When I was pregnant with my first my husband found some baby programmes on home and health and I started watching them, he now regrets this I still to this day watch them and it drives him mad!

Was fab!

Though I couldn't understand why that womans son wanted to watch her in labour? And the husband got on my nerves a bit!

I wasn't going to watch it, as I worry far too much already about the birth and didn't want extra ammunition.

Ended up watching it though. There is no way I would have my son in at the birth, I wouldn't want him to see my bits! lol

Made me realise that all men are pretty useless in labour, and my hubby wasn't that bad on the scale of things. That policeman was so over the top, fancying blowing a glove up and then prodding her whilst she was having a contraction. I think I would have punched him.

My husband has been quite good really at the last 2 births.

But if that police man had been my husband, I know where that glove would have ended up!

That poor baby who's bowel was outside his stomach, bless.

My heart really went out to the girl whose baby was born with it's stomach outside it's body, she couldn't stop shaking during, and after the cesarean. The nurse asked her if she wanted a cup of tea and was bantering a bit, and I'm thinking get that tea now, with lots of sugar because she seems to be in shock, but the nurse didn't appear to notice...

The policeman's behaviour towards his labouring wife was disgraceful, we couldn't believe how he was acting!

I watched it and it made my toes curl.

I too would of gone crazy at that police man husband of hers, i wasnt there and he was annoying me.

I'm due in 10 weeks and think id forgot how bad it is, and when they said she was only 4-5cm it made me shudder she was in agony.

He wound me up when he kept saying oh i thought you was going to do it naturally, what does he think gas and air does, it didnt help me with the pain one bit just gave me a plastic tube to bite with my last 3 kids.

Ill be watching again next week and cringing

We watched it, my OH and me and it was interesting, I didnt want to watch it at first because after being present at 5 births I thought it would be boring.

As it happens it was very interesting and only spoiled by my OH telling me off for laughing at the screams of the mums in labour but what can I say? I`m a bloke and most blokes DO find those noises hilarious- remember the dads laughing on the programme?

I remember in 1996 walking through the labour suite on my way to be with my ex for the birth of our child and every cubicle was occupied by howling ladies who were swearing like troopers and abusing their blokes and I`m ashamed to admit that I was ROLLING with laughter! The programme last night brought it all back and I had to snigger.... and instantly regretted it because I did much the same with my current, soon to be ex if she doesnt pull her socks up sharpish :D

Missed this last night, but just watched it on ch4OD ... if that bloke who was poking her with the rubber glove was my bloke, id have pasted his arse everywhere! I now realise how much my ex-oh was supportive during my labour! Compared to that fool! I cant believe the son was there though, that was 'different' and was it just me, or was he gorping for an eyeful when she was pushing?!

I did feel sorry for the girl whos son was born with his bowel on the outside. Which is why I think those who are first time expecting, dont watch it.