Police 'routine checks'

Are you sure that they mentioned lights?:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You're a rotten egg. :P

Iv'e got to agree with you shaz112 on everything you've said. They are discriminative regarldess of what anyone or any report says. Do you ever get asked for a producer? If you do, then its probably because your insurance details aren't updated - but then, after a month they should be!!!

If I were you I would send an email to SY police with your concerns. It is a problem, it is disruptive to your schedule and it is annoying. Cops can check our vehicle WITHOUT pulling you over, they just follow you for a few minutes.

And with a new car don't get a toyota! hehe. sorry - couldnt resist. xx

Nail on head.

I somehow thought it would be.

I get stopped regulary, its the way things go with motor trade insurance...Its a pain in the butt....There's really no point whinging and whining about it, the police are just doing a job at the end of the day.

Iv'e got to agree with you shaz112 on everything you've said. They are discriminative regarldess of what anyone or any report says. Do you ever get asked for a producer? If you do, then its probably because your insurance details aren't updated - but then, after a month they should be!!!

If I were you I would send an email to SY police with your concerns. It is a problem, it is disruptive to your schedule and it is annoying. Cops can check our vehicle WITHOUT pulling you over, they just follow you for a few minutes.

And with a new car don't get a toyota! hehe. sorry - couldnt resist. xx

Unfortunately, by doing that you dont confirm the identity of the driver ! Believe it or not, people drive friends cars whithout Insurance. Disqualified drivers obtain Insurance to avoid being stopped.....the list goes on.:rolleyes:

Stop whining, drive on a road, you face being pulled. Im sure if your car had been stolen, you would be more than happy if the Police stopped it :loopy:

Unfortunately, by doing that you dont confirm the identity of the driver ! Believe it or not, people drive friends cars whithout Insurance. Disqualified drivers obtain Insurance to avoid being stopped.....the list goes on.:rolleyes:

Stop whining, drive on a road, you face being pulled. Im sure if your car had been stolen, you would be more than happy if the Police stopped it :loopy:

It's easy to sit back and say stop whining/ police just doing their job etc. but if you were getting stopped at least once a week and having to sit around in the back of a police car, when all you're trying to do is go home to bed, you'd understand. Unless you've been in this situation I don't see how you can brush it off so easily.

How about.....

Aren't the police doing a grand job, may be a bit of a pain been pulled over and the slowing of traffic cuz of all us nosey drivers, surely it's good that they are getting drivers off the road that shouldn't be on the road. making it that tad bit safer for us proper drivers.

I also don't undestand why you hear people saying " police don't do owt " but then you see them there doing a job and they get moaned about for " doing something. :confused::)

How about.....

Aren't the police doing a grand job, may be a bit of a pain been pulled over and the slowing of traffic cuz of all us nosey drivers, surely it's good that they are getting drivers off the road that shouldn't be on the road. making it that tad bit safer for us proper drivers.

I also don't undestand why you hear people saying " police don't do owt " but then you see them there doing a job and they get moaned about for " doing something. :confused::)

How about you get stopped once a week for doing nothing wrong, when you've got things to do or are tired and want to go to bed. I'm happy for them to do their job I just wish they'd go fight some real crime and stop bothering me.

I think pulling the same person in the same car in the same area up so often is a tad bit silly, thumbs up to the police for trying but why dont they try and focus on whose been doing the strings of burglarys, take note, and realise they pulled the same car that same time last week...sorry not meaning to offend police officers but the sammmee car and the sammmme person, dont they log it on their database as being fine or anything????

Stop being so overly offended people, the OP was just saying shes fed up of being pulled for no reaosn when she just wants to go home and rest...

shaz112

I do understand your situation, but why not see it as a positive thing. If ever your car is stolen at night then at least there is a good chance the police will stop it, and you will get it back.

And is it not a good thing that the police are pulling cars to combat motoring offences. Otherwise even more folk would be moaning that the police dont do owt.

Before they talk to you, they have no idea that you have been stopped 3 times already. How could they? Carry all your documents with you (as the law states) and the process will whole process will be over quicker that you can say "Arent there any burglars to catch?"

..awaits angry response..

Edited by WarPig

shaz112

I do understand your situation, but why not see it as a positive thing. If ever your car is stolen at night then at least there is a good chance the police will stop it, and you will get it back.

And is it not a good thing that the police are pulling cars to combat motoring offences. Otherwise even more folk would be moaning that the police dont do owt.

Before they talk to you, they have no idea that you have been stopped 3 times already. How could they? Carry all your documents with you (as the law states) and the process will whole process will be over quicker that you can say "Arent there any burglars to catch?"

..awaits angry response..

Yes of course it's a good thing that they're doing something but like fallenangel said, isn't there some program on the police system that says 'this car has been stopped 10 million times already, give it a little break.'?

Yes of course it's a good thing that they're doing something but like fallenangel said, isn't there some program on the police system that says 'this car has been stopped 10 million times already, give it a little break.'?

It would be a good idea, but how would they know it is you that is driving it?

And if it did get stolen and the cops computer said your car had already been stopped that day, they might leave your car alone. And then you might feel like complaining that they missed a chance to get your car back.

I really dont think there is an answer to solve this one. Next time, ask the cop if there is anything in particular about your car or your driving that made them stop you. Perhaps you are doing something out of the ordinary without realising it?

Just a thought?