HELP something stuck in my washing machine

I am looking for someone who can either give me advice or come and remove something stuck in my washing machine.

There is something clearly stuck behind the drum (in the back of the washer) as its stopping the drum going round.

I would have a go at it myself but I'm not sure where to start.........any advice???

If not, could I have quotes for someone to come and look at it for me???

Thank you in advance xXx

Are you sure that it's something stuck? If the drum no longer goes round it could just as easily be the belt which turns the drum or the motor which drives the belt which is at fault.

I don't think you have a choice but to find an engineer to come round and have a look. I can't recommend anyone I'm afraid. It would probably help if you could include the brand and model of washer to help anyone trying to recommend an engineer.

Do you think it might be stuck between the drum and the outer casing, hopefully near the front of the drum? The door seal needs to be peeled back, on some machines this is easier than others, I have a Bosch which has a sprung wire clip clamping it around the lip of the aperture so is tricky to deal with. With the door seal off you might be able to retrieve whatever is jammed there.

Update: as Medusa says, if the drum is not rotating it could mean another fault, but if something is jammed then the drum will rotate but will be noisy and erratic.

Edited by carosio

Its making a very loud noise like something clattering around............strange xXx

Its making a very loud noise like something clattering around............strange xXx

Not one of your underwires escaped is it? :D

I might be the rear drum bearing has collapsed. Switch off the machine, kneel down close to it and place your hands inside the drum (at the top and bottom) and rock it up and down, if the bearing has gone then you will hear (and feel) it knocking.

Not one of your underwires escaped is it? :D

One of the missus's did, nearly wrecked a new machine - women eh! :huh:

I think it maybe the drum has collapsed, its totally broken now :( Bought a new one this morning I'm now £250 lighter!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for everyones help :)

Sorry to hear that, but really the auto washer is astonishingly good value for money, when we bought our first one back in 1978 or so it cost then about £200, and the latest ones are vastly superior. Some headlight units on cars can cost as much as a new washer!