Radio Sheffield A Total Joke

OH BOY !!!

Paul Walker just stepped waaaay over the line .... categorising SHEFFIELD UNITED , faithful, money paying fans as MORONIC !!!!!!!!!!!

BIG mistake !!!!!!!!!!!

He said some of the Blades were asking moronic questions.

A bit of a difference to what you thought you heard.

He's a Blade himself for Pete's sake!

I was always under the impression that RS screened callers only allowing the most controversial/idiotic ones on so that would make for a good bit of radio.

After all, it is very rare that an intelligent Blade* feature's and how else can the airtime that Brian the Blade gets be explained? If this is the case then why are the presenters getting all upset, surely they have made a rod for their own back?

*I know that plenty do exist, though of course not in as greater numbers or percentages as intelligent Owls!

Brian the Blade is a top caller.

I think he manages a team himself, and by all accounts, quite successfully.

The thing with Brian is, he sometimes makes really intelligent points that make very good sense, and are often summat quite enlightening.

On the other hand, he didn't like Warnock, didn't like Robson, and doesn't like Blackwell.

He is obviously a better manager than any of them.

The other night he said the captain in waiting for United should be obvious to everybody ........................ Derek Geary???????

The caller who gets me is the Blade who 'phones in nearly every night, and creates a superb picture in my mind.

He always comes across as if the whole world is waiting for his input.

He slags the players (win or lose), he slags Blackwell, he slags the chairman, the tactics, and the style of play. All with great authority. He has a biscuit cough that he uses in the middle of a sentence, again at the end of the sentence, and again before the start of the next sentence.

Does he ever say "sorry", or "excuse me lads, I've got a bit of a a cold/cough/sore throat?

No, he just stands there, fag and beer in hand, and tells the whole world what's wrong at S2, how to put it right, and how damn right he is.

He's not open to negotiation one little bit.

If you read this mate, please stop coughing, and if you do cough .... excuse yourself. That way, you might convince the listeners that you are not a Neanderthal. :thumbsup:

First call tonight was a Blade saying Blackwell should be ashamed of himself after his interview with Andy Giddings last night.

Seth didn't say a deal one way ort tuther.

The background tension is definitely there.

Brian the Blade is a top caller.

I think he manages a team himself, and by all accounts, quite successfully.

The thing with Brian is, he sometimes makes really intelligent points that make very good sense, and are often summat quite enlightening.

On the other hand, he didn't like Warnock, didn't like Robson, and doesn't like Blackwell.

He is obviously a better manager than any of them.

The other night he said the captain in waiting for United should be obvious to everybody ........................ Derek Geary???????

The caller who gets me is the Blade who 'phones in nearly every night, and creates a superb picture in my mind.

He always comes across as if the whole world is waiting for his input.

He slags the players (win or lose), he slags Blackwell, he slags the chairman, the tactics, and the style of play. All with great authority. He has a biscuit cough that he uses in the middle of a sentence, again at the end of the sentence, and again before the start of the next sentence.

Does he ever say "sorry", or "excuse me lads, I've got a bit of a a cold/cough/sore throat?

No, he just stands there, fag and beer in hand, and tells the whole world what's wrong at S2, how to put it right, and how damn right he is.

He's not open to negotiation one little bit.

If you read this mate, please stop coughing, and if you do cough .... excuse yourself. That way, you might convince the listeners that you are not a Neanderthal. :thumbsup:

I and am sure many blades agree with your comments not sure about the top caller though., RS seem to give him far to much airtime, and often use him as a time filler ands a target of ridicule, sadly Brians odd good point is drownded out by the many many bad ones.

RS has Brian to bait listeners, like this forum has a certain Owl who baits the posters.

No matter how much Bian upsets people he is let on time and time again, like the Owls poster on here 3 of his last 5 threads have been closed, yet tollerated!

Turning off the Radio, and useing the ignore button on here is the only cure.

I and am sure many blades agree with you comments, RS seem to give him far to much airtime, and often use him as a time filler ands a target of ridicule, sadly Brians odd good point is drownded out by the many many bad ones.

RS has Brian to bait listeners, like this forum has a certain Owl who baits the posters.

No matter how much Bian upsets people he is let on time and time again, like the Owls poster on here 3 of his last 5 threads have been closed, yet tollerated!

Threads are getting moved right left and centre, ive just done a championship preview and its got shifted to the graveyard (sports chat), i dont know what league they think Wednesday and United are suddenly in, its no skin off the mods noses really considering some of the crap that stays on here, it really gets up my nose you just think to yourself whats the point in creating threads what are football related if they get moved all the time, and they say send a message to the team but you never get a reply.

Footy chat has changed a lot in the last few weeks since "the mods team meeting"

Post drivel and it will stay up all day long........

I and am sure many blades agree with your comments not sure about the top caller though., RS seem to give him far to much airtime, and often use him as a time filler ands a target of ridicule, sadly Brians odd good point is drownded out by the many many bad ones.

Don’t know how you work that one out, it seems to me that:

Poster posts accurate well backed up discussion thread that doesn’t sit with the Blades big club mentality, Blades get upset cos it shatters their illusions of being a big club so they attack the poster and get the thread shut down.

And now they try to blame the Owl for the initial accurate post!

Can we have this back on topic Gents

If something has been moved which you don't think should have been then give me a shout.

I was always under the impression that RS screened callers only allowing the most controversial/idiotic ones on so that would make for a good bit of radio.

After all, it is very rare that an intelligent Blade* feature's and how else can the airtime that Brian the Blade gets be explained? If this is the case then why are the presenters getting all upset, surely they have made a rod for their own back?

*I know that plenty do exist, though of course not in as greater numbers or percentages as intelligent Owls!

I believe that Brian the blade has quite a lot of intelect and knowledge about the game, afterall , he has been a successful cup winning player and manager over the years, built a successful company and he has managed to get all the praise & Grumble listeners in a lather oh and hes even managed to get a whole page dedicated to him on facebook, not really the acts of a 'stupid' man is it???????

Edited by JayRx1