What's Dronfield Like For Nightlife?

Originally posted by JBee

Okay Snakey. You're right. Maybe calling it 'dire' was a bit extreme, I had a lot of fun as a child in Dronny. It's just not much of a place to go out in.

I also find that when I go back to visit family, a lot of people seem to have quite a "small town" mentality. Most of the people I went to primary school with are still hanging around, doing the same old stuff, going to the same old places, and not really experiencing all they could experience in life.

There's a big wide world out there!

Do you find this to be true of the Dronny peeps you know, or not?

I agree with these comments by JBee. I was brought up in a village called Youlgrave near Bakewell and lived there until i was 28, but spent no time there since 25 when i met the ex.

Since i split up with the ex i have tried to spend time with my old mates but its the same small town/village mentality. None of them want to do anything and thats not because they have all settled down!!!

I work every other Saturday so if none of my old mates are out in Bakewell (which is just as bad, but there are more people) i go out with my dad and his mate. Not the ideal situation for a single lad on a friday night but it beats doing nothing with your old mates who i have sadly grown apart from.

By the way saturday i go to corp (no insults please!!) :headbang:

Originally posted by JBee

I also find that when I go back to visit family, a lot of people seem to have quite a "small town" mentality. Most of the people I went to primary school with are still hanging around, doing the same old stuff, going to the same old places, and not really experiencing all they could experience in life.

There's a big wide world out there!

Do you find this to be true of the Dronny peeps you know, or not?

I agree there isnt much to do at night , hence why me and my friends are always in town to do anything.

I do see the same faces i went to school with ,doing the same things in the same pubs.lol i do find it amusing ,my friends and i are like that due to all bar one going to uni either in sheffield(living outside of dron) or uni elsehwere in the country

No sorry JBee, I'm a girl

I am glad to hear the thick sweaty oaf brothers that ran the Stoops are gone, who wants to look at that when waiting for your pint?

I heard that the landlord of the Dragon was aggresively rude but have also heard he has left.

The Ash Tree is Dronfields equivalent of Mos Eisley Spaceport.

In terms of aesthetics The Stoops and Dragon are the best, the best all round is The Swan and I remember seeing a pool table in there last time I went.

Chesterfield? Ok if Saturday nights alright for fighting.

Dronfield is a nice area, and although it is technically a town it just really feels like a big suburb, and when we talk of nightlife should probably be treated as such.

The Blue Stoops and the Old Sidings in Dronfield aren't too bad, and out in Dronfield Woodhouse the Jolly Farmer is a good pub for real ale..

However if you want anything more you really need to get on a bus into Sheffield or Chesterfield (or possibly Woodseats).

Both Stagecoach and TM Travel run buses out of Dronfield, timetables can be found at http://www.derbysbus.net.