What's Dronfield Like For Nightlife?

Originally posted by JBee

Oh dear Daverity... When I read the title of this thread I had to laugh... Dronfield is a dire little town. Comparing the nightlife of Dronny to the nightlife of Liverpool is like comparing a sunday league team to Liverpool FC, so I think you're in for a bit of a culture shock.

I dont think anybody on here has bragged about dronfields nightlife , yeah its nothing great its just your normal small town nightlife just pubs ect but i think your wrong to say its a dire little town , what do you base that on ???? It certainy aint rough , it certainly aint run down and it certainly aint full of townie scrubbers.

I catch the bus into sheffield to meet and greet people and a taxi back , theres nothing wrong with that.

Weve mentioned having a look at the south of the city but at the end of the day you'd still have to catch buses and taxis to go places

Originally posted by Snakey_B

I dont think anybody on here has bragged about dronfields nightlife , yeah its nothing great its just your normal small town nightlife just pubs ect but i think your wrong to say its a dire little town , what do you base that on ???? It certainy aint rough , it certainly aint run down and it certainly aint full of townie scrubbers.

Sorry to offend Snakey... But you obviously enjoy living in Dronfield so who care's what I think eh? ;)

I grew up in Dronny so that what I've based my comments on. It was a lovely place to spend my formative years, but far too dull to waste any adult time on. I meant dire in terms of entertainment only though - as I said, the people of N Derbyshire are generally a nice bunch.

And I'm well aware that it "aint roungh... aint run down and aint full of townie scrubbers". But I thought we were supposed to be commenting on the nightlife, not neighbourhoods???

There used to be the night club Climax but I think that might have closed. Other than that there are a few pubs scattered around. Some of them are ok.

Originally posted by Lickszz

There used to be the night club Climax but I think that might have closed. Other than that there are a few pubs scattered around. Some of them are ok.

its shut, it opened, it shut, it opened.

and it was horrible and skanky! theres plenty of pubs..but if you want anything a bit more lively then get to sheffield.

i lived in dronfield from ages 7-23 and its a nice place to live...but its prob a place you would more like to retire to then to party at. travel into sheffield its easier

oh and dont know if its changed but the thompson travel buses are the most friendly drivers EVER!! they even used to wake me up at my stop! class

Originally posted by daverity

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom but maybe the jokes on you, you live there by choice I'm only moving there temporarily because of work!

A scouser thinks he's too good for Dronfield... classic.

My guess is you don't have many places in ****tip Liverpool as nice as Dronfield.

Originally posted by antics

A scouser thinks he's too good for Dronfield... classic.

My guess is you don't have many places in ****tip Liverpool as nice as Dronfield.

As nice as Dronfield?? Only person who's slagging Dronfield, major style, I believe is you in this conversation. Read my post, I was slagging you, personally, looking at most of the posts, was looking forward to meeting people there.

If it's so bad put your house on the market and eh who knows a Scouser may buy it off you! Where you gonna go though......well 400k might buy you a 3 bed detached in Woolton or Sefton, Crosby, Southport,Hale Village,Aigburth etc etc etc:hihi:

TRY THIS If you are thinking of selling!

Originally posted by daverity

As nice as Dronfield?? Only person who's slagging Dronfield, major style, I believe is you in this conversation. Read my post, I was slagging you, personally, looking at most of the posts, was looking forward to meeting people there.

If it's so bad put your house on the market and eh who knows a Scouser may buy it off you! Where you gonna go though......well 400k might buy you a 3 bed detached in Woolton or Sefton, Crosby, Southport,Hale Village,Aigburth etc etc etc:hihi:

TRY THIS If you are thinking of selling!

hello daverity

sorry i have to agree with jbee dronny is a s**t!

i used to go out with a girl from there, so ive done my time in that place, and the only good thing that came out of it was a me at about 50 mph on my way home!

if you like boring local pubs where every 1 knows every 1, then yu in! but know offence people there will here your accsent and be giveing you those looks.

get yu sen to sheff and drive to dronfield if you can

Originally posted by JBee

Sorry to offend Snakey... But you obviously enjoy living in Dronfield so who care's what I think eh? ;)

I grew up in Dronny so that what I've based my comments on. It was a lovely place to spend my formative years, but far too dull to waste any adult time on. I meant dire in terms of entertainment only though - as I said, the people of N Derbyshire are generally a nice bunch.

And I'm well aware that it "aint roungh... aint run down and aint full of townie scrubbers". But I thought we were supposed to be commenting on the nightlife, not neighbourhoods???

I understand what you mean ,im 20 myself cant wait to move closer to town but its just the comment Dire town which i thought was a little off hand,i wouldnt really think that comment fits in with talking about nightlife thats all.

I enjoy living here , but ill not live here all my life.

Not far into Sheffield anyway.

Originally posted by Snakey_B

I understand what you mean ,im 20 myself cant wait to move closer to town but its just the comment Dire town which i thought was a little off hand,i wouldnt really think that comment fits in with talking about nightlife thats all.

I enjoy living here , but ill not live here all my life.

Okay Snakey. You're right. Maybe calling it 'dire' was a bit extreme, I had a lot of fun as a child in Dronny. It's just not much of a place to go out in.

I also find that when I go back to visit family, a lot of people seem to have quite a "small town" mentality. Most of the people I went to primary school with are still hanging around, doing the same old stuff, going to the same old places, and not really experiencing all they could experience in life.

There's a big wide world out there!

Do you find this to be true of the Dronny peeps you know, or not?

Dronny's fine if you know lots of people but if not you're better off in Sheffield, you can commute easily to Chesterfield and there's a lot more to do

Originally posted by cowpie

Dronny's fine if you know lots of people but if not you're better off in Sheffield, you can commute easily to Chesterfield and there's a lot more to do

When I was a little gilr and lived in Dronfield Woodhouse I used to play out with a boy called 'Cowpat'. That wouldn't be you, by any chance, would it Cowpie???