Cambridge Motor Company Pictures 1970's

I knew Graham Fowler he had sentinal motors on Scotland st,graham castleton had a place at the corner of Alderson rd and Rowland had a place at the top of Glossop rd.I think Grahams son works for a BMW dealer.

Sorry I forgot I think the Castletons are out Spain way and Fantozzi of Dial motors has passed away.

I knew Roland Castleton,he went into the building/plumbing trade as a rep (I think),don't know if he's still going but my dad knew him well.

I saw Roly Castleton at a party in Sheffield about 2 years ago, he was still his urbane self, but didn't look quite as chipper as he'd previously been.

He went into property development after the car game and I think did pretty well from it. Hope he's still around and well.

It's a long time since you posted this but I hope you're still in touch with the site.

We knew your Dad & David also your grandma & grandad.  We worked for them from 1967 until 1984.  We lived at the house and garage on Abbeydale Road and my husband Bob was the recovery driver, he also used to fetch cars from all over England for Cambridge Motor Co.  Belatedly we were told that Michael had died but I don't know if that's true and I'm sorry if it is true.  I hope you had a good birthday party for him in 1910 though.  I also used to got to your Gran and Grandads house in Knowle Lane and when they moved to Dore to do some cleaning for them.  At that time both boys (now men) were still at school.

Bob and I have many memories both the working and social life of the Bee's.  Bob met up with David a 2 or 3 years ago when he wanted a quote for some decorating at home, but he then moved down to Devon/Cornwall.  I know he was very active on facebook but we are not on it anymore so have lost contact with him.  Wow I couldn't believe the size of him now from when he was younger and a "man about town" but loved his choice of transport.  Any way Jason if you want to get in touch for a chat to us anytime you can contact us via email and arrange to meet.

Cheers Ann

This thread is a great read for all you car nuts out there.