Is there anyone who is voting Labour and prepared to tell us why?

I wonder who Labour will be able to bribe this time round? Wasn't it the car workers of Birmingham last time? Since there won't be any money in the pot, they'll have to resort to using coffee and sugar sachets nicked out of hotel rooms by Labour MPs.

I'll be voting UKIP i like the name it looks nice :hihi:

So the Tories get in,swapping Mr no personality for Mr non personality seems a waste of time

However, nationally, a vote for the Lib Dems is either wasted or a vote for David Cameron.

Really so if Hallam voters for example vote Liberal and return a Liberal instead of a Tory that's a vote for Cameron is it :loopy:

Even if I accepted your seeming overriding aim of keeping the Tories out at all costs you are still wrong as in many places such as Hallam the fight is between the Tories and the Liberals with Labour a distant 3rd. In all those seats "a vote for Labour is either wasted or a vote for David Cameron".

Sadly under fptp it is often necessary to vote tactically and given for apparent aim your tactics are dead wrong.

The LDs will never form a government but they will support David Cameron if there's a hung parliament.

Only if he concedes to support enough Lib Dem policies, a Lib Dem vote is a vote for the Liberals and Lib Dem policies.

Labour votes being wasted in Hallam is a moot point. It was tactical Labour voters and disillusioned Tory voters who got rid of the last Tory incumbent and it's the same voters who will help Nick Clegg get in and support the Tories.

If the Tories thought they had a chance in Hallam why haven't they put up a stronger candidate? Is it that they don't want Clegg to lose as it would be more difficult to form an alliance with Vince Cable?

Did you somehow miss the bit where I said: *"wasted" here defined as voting for the party unable to win or come 2nd, sadly given the large number of safe seats in the UK only the votes of that small minority living in marginals really count.

After the redistricting Central may be a marginal this time round but the sad fact is that most votes in Sheffield count for nothing as they're safe seats very much taken for granted. Hallam is obviously way down the Tory target list as they know they've a much better chance against Labour and Liberal incumbents elsewhere but they've clearly got a much better chance of winning there than Labour have (especially given the appalling manner Labour treated Hallam for so long completely alienating many there).

Therein lies the difference between you and I. I will be voting Labour not for what it gains me but for the benefits it brings to the many.

Could you explain what benefits those might be...

I have to say the post that lists the areas seems clear enough to me who benefits from them.

Lots more people have much more time on their hands nowadays, when they're not at the job centre.

Give us all a break and go on holliday for 6 months.

It doesn't matter what kind of election your were referring to you are wrong

You don't seem to realise that in the UK all elections are "local" in that we don't vote nationally to elect the PM but we vote to appoint a local representative who in turn votes for the PM. Under the fptp system these local representatives are appointed by whether or not voting for the Lib Dems or any other is "a wasted vote" depends entirely upon where you live and vote.

The Liberals are in 1st or 2nd place in ever Sheffield Parliamentary constituency as such a Liberal vote isn't wasted* anywhere in Sheffield as they either win or are the most likely to unseat Labour. In Sheffield Hallam a vote for Labour is a waste in the other constituencies a Tory vote is a waste in Sheffield a Liberal vote is the only one that's never wasted.

*"wasted" here defined as voting for the party unable to win or come 2nd, sadly given the large number of safe seats in the UK only the votes of that small minority living in marginals really count.