New to Sheffield, nicest council estates?

Well i have been waiting a good 6 months and i have priority. But still not too sure of areas, Totley is nice and so is Dore, i have a friend who lives there but there is almost no chance of getting one there!

I work for Sheffield Homes, I'd imagine you won't get a massive say in where you end up, but you should be able to choose an area of the city.

If your looking at the south of the city and you have friends in Totley/Dore I'd say your best option would be either Greenhill/Lowedges or Sharrow, Greenhill is quiter and the problems you have mentioned you want to avoid are less apparent here. Lowedges has its fair share of problems but its not half as bad as some places in Sheffield.

Sharrow is close to the city centre on the south side and has good transport links to all areas in the south west of the city. Its a very convenient place to live and there's a good comunity spirit. London Road has everything you would ever need too.

If your being re-housed with priority you'll be given an offer, if you refuse an offer you risk losing your priority so be careful on that one.

Welcome to Sheffield!

I would not recommend Low Edges. I was there for 3 years when I was your age and it wasn't a good experience. I much prefer Parson Cross/ Longley area, it might have a bad rep but it has a better atmosphere in my opinion.

We live in Foxhill and love it. Plenty of green space, good transport links, a large array of shops (soon to be extended by the opening of an Asda superstore in Parson Cross) and a great community spirit.

It had a bad reputation at one time, but the area is on the up and the problems are largely solved.

I am White British. I'm only 18 and i dont want to end up on a drug infested estate or something, im very quiet and not into any of that stuff so trying to be careful where i live as i dont want to be scared to go out the house!

My daughters, are about your age, they live on Gleadless Valley and they have been fine. They live near Blackstock Road, its quiet most of the time. Its also nice and green, with good views.

I would not recommend Low Edges. I was there for 3 years when I was your age and it wasn't a good experience. I much prefer Parson Cross/ Longley area, it might have a bad rep but it has a better atmosphere in my opinion.

Longley/ Shirechiffe are shocking areas, lived there all my life n finally left, it's like chav central, can't really comment on Parson cross

Ive recentley moved in to a council flat at littledale, nice and quiet upto now and no problems. It was the first council property i biddered aswell so i fell really lucky

Ive recentley moved in to a council flat at littledale, nice and quiet upto now and no problems. It was the first council property i biddered aswell so i fell really lucky

Im not to sure where littledale is? Yeah you fell really lucky there then!

Its in post code s9, just off parkway down lower prince of wales rd

Well i have been waiting a good 6 months and i have priority. But still not too sure of areas, Totley is nice and so is Dore, i have a friend who lives there but there is almost no chance of getting one there!

Are you regularly bidding on flats that are identified as being for priority? I'm sure you're aware that if you don't bid successfully within a specified timescale then the council will offer you something. If what they offer considered suitable you'd either have to take it (unless there is very good reason not to) or lose your priority.

Yeah i have been bidding like crazy on priority places