New to Sheffield, nicest council estates?

I have recently moved here and im not sure of areas, i am getting rehoused by the council but am not sure what are the best areas and what areas to avoid, preferably on the south side of the city as this is where i have friends. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks!

Do you mind me asking what your ethnic background is ?

Nothing personal but some places you can fit in more than others.

You are going to hear all sorts of bad posts about council estates with a topic like this but take them with a pinch of salt, no where is unlivable and no worse than anywhere else in the country.

Gleadless is actually better these days, saying that its still winter really, but have a look.

Most council estates are dodgy these days so you can't avoid the odd bad un.

I am White British. I'm only 18 and i dont want to end up on a drug infested estate or something, im very quiet and not into any of that stuff so trying to be careful where i live as i dont want to be scared to go out the house!

I am White British. I'm only 18 and i dont want to end up on a drug infested estate or something, im very quiet and not into any of that stuff so trying to be careful where i live as i dont want to be scared to go out the house!

You'll get drugs everywhere, even private estates. I think Sheff homes will know where not to put you if your a nice enough bloke, just tell them you dont take drugs and have criminal convictions and go from there.

Lol im not a bloke. I have tried that but they dont seem to be much help.

Lol im not a bloke. I have tried that but they dont seem to be much help.
In that case you need to be living on our est ;)

:hihi:

I have recently moved here and im not sure of areas, i am getting rehoused by the council but am not sure what are the best areas and what areas to avoid, preferably on the south side of the city as this is where i have friends. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to Sheffield; though I'm a bit surprised that if you've just moved here the council are rehousing you so quickly.

Most people who get rehoused quickly don't have much say in where they go; others with less immediate needs can spend many years trying to get on the nicer council estates.

totleys nice if you can be lucky and get one of the council propertys there.:P

totleys nice if you can be lucky and get one of the council propertys there.:P

Oh no...not Totley....the bus service is shocking and they are dirty :hihi:

Edited by rachey1701