Easy Tigers Playcentre

My little one went to nursery there. We had a phone call late Tuesday evening (2nd Feb) to state that everything was closed with immediate effect and not to bother turning up in the morning. All the staff have lost their jobs.

It was very upsetting, it is a huge upheaval for parents to find immediate nursery places that are 'up to standard' elsewhere, not to mention how distressing it must be for the many staff that are now looking for jobs in what we already know is a difficult time. Plus, I can't imagine what it must have been like for parents to tell their kids that their birthday party has been cancelled.

We have no idea and have not been told the circumstances behind this. There are rumours that it has been purchased by another local nursery provider but, that they intend on not giving back the jobs to a large majority of current (very experienced) staff and also intend on changing opening times etc.

We don't know if the previous owners have went into liquidation as there was no notice of such (and normally there is). We were told that we would be contacted regarding refunds of fees paid in advance but, won't trust this until it happens (if it does). If it hasn't gone into voluntary liquidation, it has to be 'forced' and it's down to creditors to declare that they have an interest - receivers don't normally contact you - or at least that's my understanding.

We own Captain Jack's soft play centre in Retford and know Claire and Neil from Easy Tigers. We know how much hard work and love they have put into the business and how sad they will be to have to let so many parents and children down. It may be too far for you to travel over to Retford but if you are struggling with a lost party booking we will give all Easy Tiger customers 20% discount on parties - proof of chesterfield or sheffield address needed. We wish the Easy Tigers team all the best for the future.

according to tonights star its gone into liquidation its on page 5 in the sheffield star

Runaround at holbrook avenue ,Halfway near Mosborough is an excellent playcentre and great kids parties.

Chuffin hell, there's naff all in Chesterfield for kids to do inside. Didn't use ET that often but it's nice to have it there as a back up on a rainy day.

NO!!!!! :oThat is my..... oh I mean my kid's favourite play centre!!! Please tell me it isn't true!! and if so, any recommendation for a similar play centre. I've tried Megakidz and wasn't impressed. :(

Monkey Bizness at Meadowhall (Centertainment) is fab...but get there early or it gets unbearably busy

Has there been any more news about it been taken over yet? Last time my 7 year old had the disco room and they had a great time in there and we were planning on doing the same for my 5 year old so hope it re-opens :(

Runaround at holbrook avenue ,Halfway near Mosborough is an excellent playcentre and great kids parties.

I like Runaround too. I haven't been to a party there but you can have discos in a disco room and there's even a laser tag options.

I like it because it's not too big and I can see where my son is. I used to go on with him before I had my baby but I have to just let him go now! For that reason I would not recommend Monkey Bizness. It's huge!! I loved it when I could go on with him, but there's no way I'd let him go off alone in there. I'd probably never find him again!

Edited by Corbyn

Just some advice for all the employees you should seek legal advice, it is possible if a new business takes over that you should automtically transfer under TUPE regs. This will depend on the type of liquidation though.

Also you may be able to claim back up to eight weeks wages and redundancy pay from the government, if administrators or liquidators have been appointed you should telephone them and ask for an RP 1, you may also be able to claim accrued and untaken holiday pay.

If anyone needs advice please call BRM Solicitors on Monday after 9am asking for the Employment Team

Good luck and a great shame as my kids loved it too.

Hello My name is Natalie Shrimpton, and my brother and I are the new owners of Easy Tigers which i now called The Jungle!

The nursery is re-opening on Monday 8th February and the play centre is re-opening on Saturday 13th Feb, for a grand opening!!!

Please come and join us. If you have any parties booked with the previous owners we will still carry them out. Please contact me on 07949588605 if you have any questions.

We will look forward to seeing you

Natalie & Jason Shrimpton

Hello My name is Natalie Shrimpton, and my brother and I are the new owners of Easy Tigers which i now called The Jungle!

The nursery is re-opening on Monday 8th February and the play centre is re-opening on Saturday 13th Feb, for a grand opening!!!

Please come and join us. If you have any parties booked with the previous owners we will still carry them out. Please contact me on 07949588605 if you have any questions.

We will look forward to seeing you

Natalie & Jason Shrimpton

YAY!!!

Excellent news!