Sheffield Skinheads

oi oi,, argy bargy in wakefield sat 1st may,, pm me for details

I was a sheffield skin in the early 80s they was the good old days about 50/60 of us all used to meet in pondstreet and friery.

Bring back pilot jackets,crombies,and 14 hole doc martins lol.

i used to be a skin head around that time. i remember your tin tin fighting with our lads on the lowedges bus because we had a mate called tin tin (how sad). im now totally bald. Back to the good old days.;)

"pond street skinheads" or to coin a phrase from a well known london skin/suedehead "no yer not, yer gluesniffers with a crop":love:

It amuses me that the evident 'bright sparks' <sarcasm> amongst certain contributors are almost invariably the ones who have the nerve to criticise others' choices and to equate hair styles with sexual proclivities...

You skinheads, who tried to be different, all looked alike to most of us, i.e. attention-seeking goofs who hadn't fully matured yet... It also denoted 'not particularly intelligent' too!

Modern-day skinheads can however be excused as they are an exception to the rule, very many being affected by the natural condition of male-pattern baldness and terrified to reveal it... We sussed your secret long ago!

As for me, I have both a bald patch AND a pony-tuft... I'm told that a bald patch, being a strong indication of the presence of male hormone activity, is a sign of virility... And as it's the only sign that I've got, I don't see why I should bother to disguise it! ;)

My pony-tuft, not pony-tail you'll note as I keep it cut short, has saved me a small fortune in haircuts over the years, I just comb my hair back, snap a small band around it and trim the ends... Simples!

In any event I stopped worrying about others' opinions of me many years ago when I became an adult, it's generally known as aquiring self-confidence! :)

Good to see a few old skinheads at the Fingers gig last saturday. Good to see the love for the music never dies.

the 80s what a decade

Edited by skindeep2

i have a shaved head due to premature balding, does that make me a skin head?

the 80s what a decade

I couldn't agree more. Wish I could go back in time to see that decade again!

yes we used to chase the rockers all over sheff and look for them in piece gardens.

and if we could not find any we would catch the 69 bus to rotherham to look for there skins.

i can remember on night no rockrs no rotherham skins insight so we all kicked the door in to the cinema and stood on the stage infront of the screen so noone could see the film.

Right bunch of heroes as long as there were 50 or 60 of you.

Right bunch of heroes as long as there were 50 or 60 of you.
we wernt all like that owd chap :thumbsup:

Q: Why are they called pony-tails?

A: 'Cos when you lift them up, there's an arsehole underneath :hihi:

nothing wrong with short hair

its the puffs with ponytails you have to watch out for:D

funny you should say that there is more puffs with skin head these days than ever was :o