Indian meals near West Street - recommendations please!

i want to take my wife out for our anniversary and she loves indian meals, who can tell me the best one around west street or close too it. thanx all.

There are a couple of good Indian restaurants in the city centre; Aagrah in Leopold Sq was really good last week when we went. Packed and very noisy but the food could not be faulted.

We have also tried Dosanj with a 241 offer that we found on here http://www.thedealhound.co.uk that was good as well.

My favourite Indian in Sheffield though has to be Ashoka on Eccy road. Try the Kashmiri Lamb, its fantastic!

Theres an all you can eat, Indian, Thai an Chinese on Staniforth Road and I do have to say thats nice.

Theres also Saeeds (I think thats what its called) on West Street and we have been there acouple of times and thats nice.

Very short taxi ride (or drive) from West Street would be Rajput at Commonside, Walkley. I wouldn't class it as walkable from West Street - maybe three quarters of a mile.

Very good food - make sure that you book.

G