Advice on Crosspool

Crosspool is the nearest thing to the 1950's idyll that most people in their heart of hearts would enjoy tremendously despite their politics.No one that lives there can afford to live there,hence the best morals are achieved.

It's the grammar school of districts populated mainly by the lower classes with aspiration and borderline intelligence.

Safe as houses,try strutting around with a baggy trousered attitude,the police response is almost immediate.

Get it sorted and shift the old bid in there immediately,she'll be one more in the vanguard against the advocates of crime that infest other areas of my city and she'll be living amongst those with the sensibilities to protect her both physically and morally.

Good luck with it.

LOL :hihi: I think!

born in crosspool now raising my family there,lovely place decent shops good bus service (ish),nice cafes and church coffee mornings , yes there are kids around especially at the after school /lunchtimes, but rarely any trouble,teens just been teens !.Like most places it has its moments but I love it .....unless as the earlier poster suggested it just suits my "borderline intelligence"!!!!:)

Crosspool is the nearest thing to the 1950's idyll that most people in their heart of hearts would enjoy tremendously despite their politics.No one that lives there can afford to live there,hence the best morals are achieved.

It's the grammar school of districts populated mainly by the lower classes with aspiration and borderline intelligence.

Safe as houses,try strutting around with a baggy trousered attitude,the police response is almost immediate.

Get it sorted and shift the old bid in there immediately,she'll be one more in the vanguard against the advocates of crime that infest other areas of my city and she'll be living amongst those with the sensibilities to protect her both physically and morally.

Good luck with it.

Mmmm - well I live here and can afford to!

Intelligence/ Lower Classes? My neighbours include: Consultants, GPs, (Head )teachers, Civil Servants,Bank Officials, University Lecturers, Nurses ............

Just wondering if somewhere like Dore would suit her more. It is almost a village on its own and is very quiet. Or lower end of Fulwood perhaps. Crosspool has 3 large schools and gets very busy during school drop off/pick up and during lunchtimes. She maybe needs somewhere less frantic.

Crosspool is a lovely area and is located in a way that it's accessible to broomhill shops and lodge moor for nice quiet walks. I'd say that the best idea would be to get a house about 10 mins away from the school as the kids that go there can be pretty rowdy and i've witnessed fights break out at the bus stop after school before. hope this helps and that your mum will enjoy sheffield x

yeah Crosspool is fine....its not the best part of S10 by any means, but its generally quiet and with perfectly respectable inhabitants. However, for more tranquil surroundings you are best with Fulwood, in my opinion the most tranquil and eye pleasing suburb in Sheffield, and free of any social problems. otherwise look around Lodge Moor, Sandygate, Ranmoor, and you will be quite safe and happy.

I spent the first 19 years of my life growing up in Crosspool. My mum still lives there. It is a lovely quiet suburb of Sheffield. Very friendly residents. Adequate shopping for most of your needs. The 'kids' only really hang around at lunch time and kicking out of school time. I would say it would be the perfect place for your mother.

I moved to Crosspool recently and really like it. It has good shops and is a good distance between town and the countryside. Never had any trouble from school kids.

I live in Crosspool.

Yes, the shops are busy with kids at lunchtime and school kicking out time. However, we don't live too far from the centre - about 400 yards - and we hear nothing.

We've lived on our street for five years and within a few weeks we'd met a fair few of the neighbours who were all very pleasant.

The community feeling is certainly there.

Best way to find out about an area is to walk about it at the times that your mother is likely to be out and about. Walk around the street where she's thinking of moving to - if the neighbours are out - see if they give you a smile. Walk to the shops and do a test purchase. Try the smaller shops and you'll get a friendly response. As mentioned though, if you pop to the shops at 9 at night, there may be some youths knocking about - never seen any trouble though and, is your mum going to go to the shops at that time?

G

mmmm - well i live here and can afford to!

Intelligence/ lower classes? My neighbours include: Consultants, gps, (head )teachers, civil servants,bank officials, university lecturers, nurses ............

me too !!!

yeah Crosspool is fine....its not the best part of S10 by any means, but its generally quiet and with perfectly respectable inhabitants. However, for more tranquil surroundings you are best with Fulwood, in my opinion the most tranquil and eye pleasing suburb in Sheffield, and free of any social problems. otherwise look around Lodge Moor, Sandygate, Ranmoor, and you will be quite safe and happy.

I had been looking at a few of those areas too. But she really wants a detached property with a nice garden and prices in some of those districts were a lot higher.

I'm reliant on public transport to visit, but that shouldn't be a problem. She doesn't go to the shops often, so shouldn't be to much of an issue, more kids around the house that would upset her.

Thanks for all the advice :-)

if you go out any further than crosspool then the slightest bit of rain/snow and your stuck...