Advice on Crosspool

Hi.

I'm looking to help my Mum move up to Sheffield as she's getting older and needs more family support.

I've been looking at places round Crosspool or S10 as seems to be convenient location and easy for me to get to

She's not very good with people and get's very freaked out with kids hanging round or noise trouble.

What's Crosspool like these day's? I found a few threads asking the same question but dated from 2005. Is it still a nice place with very little trouble or has anything changed in recent years?

She's been used to living in a detached house in a very quiet area in a village down south so not sure how she'll cope with the big city :-)

Any advice appreciated.

J

Sometimes there are kids/youths hanging around the shops but never seen any trouble, it's just what kids do. I would expect this anywhere really.

It's a nice place and I am sure your Mum would like it. It's quite spead out and lots of quiet roads to live on.

I would say that's a good choice. Good local shops and somewhere to go for coffee.

Also good bus service if shen wants to venture into town.

Hi.

I'm looking to help my Mum move up to Sheffield as she's getting older and needs more family support.

I've been looking at places round Crosspool or S10 as seems to be convenient location and easy for me to get to

She's not very good with people and get's very freaked out with kids hanging round or noise trouble.

What's Crosspool like these day's? I found a few threads asking the same question but dated from 2005. Is it still a nice place with very little trouble or has anything changed in recent years?

She's been used to living in a detached house in a very quiet area in a village down south so not sure how she'll cope with the big city :-)

Any advice appreciated.

J

She'll be safe up there, boring as hell!

"Crosspool or S10..."

Like most areas it is variable (and S10 is a massive postcode). However in general I would say both areas range from average to good. There are little pockets of 'trouble' in both areas so don't just go on the name. Look round. Get a feel for the place, but in general it is one of the 'better' areas of the city.

Hope that helps

I used to live on lydgate lane and its defo one of the best areas ive lived.

I think Crosspool would be a great area for her. Fulwood and Lodge Moor are also good but perhaps even a bit pricier than Crosspool!

Crosspool is lovely, but at school starting and finishing times, and particularly at lunchtime I would definately avoid the centre/shops.

Crawling with rowdy school kids.

If you move this to the property and housing forum you may get some more help.

Crosspool's nice, close enough to the city centre and not far from some countryside either.

Crosspool is the nearest thing to the 1950's idyll that most people in their heart of hearts would enjoy tremendously despite their politics.No one that lives there can afford to live there,hence the best morals are achieved.

It's the grammar school of districts populated mainly by the lower classes with aspiration and borderline intelligence.

Safe as houses,try strutting around with a baggy trousered attitude,the police response is almost immediate.

Get it sorted and shift the old bid in there immediately,she'll be one more in the vanguard against the advocates of crime that infest other areas of my city and she'll be living amongst those with the sensibilities to protect her both physically and morally.

Good luck with it.

Edited by muchtoofair

I think Crosspool would be a great area for her. Fulwood and Lodge Moor are also good but perhaps even a bit pricier than Crosspool!

Yeah but if we're due a lot more harsh winters, and she's relying on family getting to her, might not be the wisest choice. Crosspool would be better for these reasons, I think.

Crosspool is the nearest thing to the 1950's idyll that most people in their heart of hearts would enjoy tremendously despite their politics.No one that lives there can afford to live there,hence the best morals are achieved.

It's the grammar school of districts populated mainly by the lower classes with aspiration and borderline intelligence.

Safe as houses,try strutting around with a baggy trousered attitude,the police response is almost immediate.

Get it sorted and shift the old bid in there immediately,she'll be one more in the vanguard against the advocates of crime that infest other areas of my city and she'll be living amongst those with the sensibilities to protect her both physically and morally.

Good luck with it.

Do you need me to call any1 for you :(