Morley street school

I visit wisewood cemetery often thats in Loxley isnt it or near it? We all moved to Skegness area but still would love to move back to Hillsborough,, My mum Barbara was born in 1941 & went to morley street school for about 5 years,,

Hi, Pat Boon , is a male singer, and film star.

The cinema you are talking about is Hillsborough Park Cinema.

Hillsborough KINEMA, was a different cinema, in the middle of Hillsborough.

I love Hillsborough, I come from Loxley, originaly.

Now reside in Crooks.

Hi kazwazza, what was your Mums surname. I left Sheffield in 1964 , don't go back now

my Mum isn't around any more. I was also born in 1941 so your Mum and I could have been in the same class.

I think the May Day photo i have with 3 Pats must be about 1953 to 1955 ish cause my mum looks about 12 to 14 in it

Hi, on one if the May Day photos there's Pat Rawson, Pat Jones and Pat Coggan, then there's three Valerie's, Roberts, Hewitt and Tennyson (that's me) . May Day 1948.

I could name some of the boys if anyone interested.

---------- Post added 05-08-2016 at 20:12 ----------

My mums maiden name used to be Barbara Fearnehough & has a brother that also went to that school called Michael

Hi kazwazza, what was your Mums surname. I left Sheffield in 1964 , don't go back now

my Mum isn't around any more. I was also born in 1941 so your Mum and I could have been in the same class.

The May Day photos I have are 1948 then I have one a bit later , no date, but it's before we

took the 11 plus because there are people on it who passed scholarship.

It's good having these exchanges as I did catch up with two people and we have started

meeting up in Cambridgeshire.

My Mum and Dad are buried in Wisewood cemetery, in Loxley.

I went to their grave, a few days ago, and it always makes me cry.

Morley St school, was a big part of my foundation years, and I think of it with a lot of affection.

I began nursery, in 1954, and left a few years later, and went to another school.

I can still see Mrs Morris, she wore gold rim glasses, and had dark died hair.

Mr Rawlins, has a cyst on the top of his head, I was fascinated by it !

Mrs Morris had a Daughter called Lesley, I think.

Awww how lovely that you meet up :) I also have a picture where all the girls did a Czechoslovakian dance as my mums holding a sign with Czechoslovakia on,, i dont know if you remember that at all? It must have been part of the May Day celebrations

The May Day photos I have are 1948 then I have one a bit later , no date, but it's before we

took the 11 plus because there are people on it who passed scholarship.

It's good having these exchanges as I did catch up with two people and we have started

meeting up in Cambridgeshire.

---------- Post added 05-08-2016 at 20:34 ----------

Yes it always makes me cry aswell my grandparents & great grandparents are at Wisewood, It is a lovely Cemetery though i find it very calming & the view is amazing,, I will talk to my mum to find out if she remembers any of the teachers youve mentioned,

My Mum and Dad are buried in Wisewood cemetery, in Loxley.

I went to their grave, a few days ago, and it always makes me cry.

Morley St school, was a big part of my foundation years, and I think of it with a lot of affection.

I began nursery, in 1954, and left a few years later, and went to another school.

I can still see Mrs Morris, she wore gold rim glasses, and had dark died hair.

Mr Rawlins, has a cyst on the top of his head, I was fascinated by it !

Mrs Morris had a Daughter called Lesley, I think.

Yes Morley street was a big part of my early life. I can remember Mr Rawlins very well , when I became head girl I loved carrying out the duties doing errands for him. He was a very fair teacher and headmaster. I dint remember the Czechoslovakia bit but I used to love

dancing round the maypole.

---------- Post added 05-08-2016 at 20:40 ----------

Hope your Mum remembers the names etc

What was your name at school? as i will ask my mum if she remembers you

Yes Morley street was a big part of my early life. I can remember Mr Rawlins very well , when I became head girl I loved carrying out the duties doing errands for him. He was a very fair teacher and headmaster. I dint remember the Czechoslovakia bit but I used to love

dancing round the maypole.

---------- Post added 05-08-2016 at 20:40 ----------

Hope your Mum remembers the names etc

HI kazwazza, my name was Valerie Tennyson

The only Margaret Wood I knew, lived in Loxley, and Married Peter Berchinof, he was a farmer, and lived in a big house, near the Plough Pub, in Bradfield.

I was a bridesmaid for her at Wadsley Church, when she married Peter.

I know she had a Daughter called Alison.

Margaret worked for several years , in my Mums hairdressing shop.

I am not sure what schools she went to, she was about 11 years older than me.

Thanks for getting back to me - but I am sorry to say that this is not the Margaret Wood I was meaning.

Hi, on one if the May Day photos there's Pat Rawson, Pat Jones and Pat Coggan, then there's three Valerie's, Roberts, Hewitt and Tennyson (that's me) . May Day 1948.

I could name some of the boys if anyone interested.

Where can I see the photo - I was there from 1945 to 1953 then Sheffield City Grammar school!

Hi Valerie

Sadly she doesnt remember you but remembers some of the teachers, she left in 1956 i dont know if you are maybe a bit younger than her,,

HI kazwazza, my name was Valerie Tennyson