La Favorita coffee Bar

spent many an happy hour in the fav. favourite place to be in the late 60s

On 6/3/2008 at 9:00 PM, RiffRaff said:

Ah....

Jeff "Beck's Bolero" and Cream's "I feel free" on the juke box, and a Mr.Choudri (sp?) in charge.....

Yes, a great meeting place it certainly was.....

The Universal , by the Small Faces, Do it again  The Beach Boys , Fire Arthur Brown and Goin' up country  by Canned Heat take me back to La Fav and great times.

21 hours ago, Nankypoo said:

The Universal , by the Small Faces, Do it again  The Beach Boys , Fire Arthur Brown and Goin' up country  by Canned Heat take me back to La Fav and great times.

...and Bell Bottom Blues, Clapton.

Even the title dates us a bit!

Hi

As you know I was a long time friend of Carols right up to her sudden demise which shook all that knew her . But I don,t remember the Italian coffee bar only the Zodiac on Park Hill which Carole and me plus a ffew others used growing up xxx

On 04/08/2008 at 13:37, feederfil said:

I can remember drinking "hot lime" with a drop of sugar in it.It was served in a pyrex glass with a stainless steel holder.Might try one again just to recreate old times.Saturday afternoons used to be good,putting your order in to the shoplifters (Angie and friends) Levis for 50p,tab collar shirts from smc.Then getting "blues or bombers for all-niter at the Mojo from your local pusher or the lads from Peterborough.

Travelled over every weekend, from Lincoln, in the late 60's, to/and before the eventual demise of the awesome Mojo. First stop was always to La Favorita to hear brand new tunes from over the pond. The atmosphere in that cafe can only be described as 'heady' Yep, bombers, blues and clothes from dubious sources. C&A (remember them?) had  some fabulous lightweight suits for men. Early discos in the Mojo saved queueing for the allnighters... Happy days with a particular local girl...

On 30/12/2018 at 21:53, Albert smith said:

Hi Allan ,did you know George Crapper who lived local to you, he was a bus driver and he later on became landlord of a pub on the flats.

Hi Albert,

George is my dad. He moved to Lincolnshire and bought a pub in more relaxed area in the mid 90’s 😊.

He’s 75 now. I had a few pints with him at the weekend, he’s still down there.