DIY HIP Packs - Advice Wanted

I am about to put a property up for sale for Easter. Anybody put together there own HIP pack. I have quite a lot of time on my hands over the next few weeks, so I am sure I could do it myself. Any advice welcome. Such as downloading templates, Land Registry Documents etc.

i think you need a certain qualification to do hips, i work at an estate agents and was looking at going on the course to get qualified.

if i were you though id wait till after may as if the conservatives get in they say their going to scrap hips!

when you do look at selling your house give me a call and ill get one of our valuers out.

thanks

Ben

i think you need a certain qualification to do hips, i work at an estate agents and was looking at going on the course to get qualified.

if i were you though id wait till after may as if the conservatives get in they say their going to scrap hips!

when you do look at selling your house give me a call and ill get one of our valuers out.

thanks

Ben

According to the Government website Direct Gov I can compile it myself. I think it is just the Energy Certificate that requires a qualified person.

Edited by Lostrider

hi- i have a friend of a friend who did their own pack, she didnt have any qualifications and have shed hundreds of £'s off the cost of the bill, i too am interested in compiling my own pack but havnt at this moment got the foggiest of where to start! have you got any ideas for that? i have heard you can freely download the pack to at least look at. sorry if i havnt been any help to you, but if you do yourself have any advice or want me to speak more to my friend then please feel free to pm me. Hope you get sorted without paying out any more than you have to julie

You can do your own pack but will need a qualified assessor to do the energy performance certificate part of it.

Yeah I did my own and got some guy in to do the EPC bit. It's easy enough. Update this thread if you need help with any specific part of it.

Can anyone recommend someone to do the EPC?

I am not doing my own HIP now, even though it was straight forward. I had a quote for £170-00 so it is not worth it.

The only problem with a HIP packs is that if you want to get a mortgage most banks dont accept them because of security

I am just starting looking for a new house and HIPs weren't around last time I bought one. As a buyer can you ask to see the full report, I guess that is what they are there for? What stage do you do this or is anyone allowed to look whenever? I have a feeling this is probably a daft question and the answer may become apparent once I have made appointments for a few viewings!

Hi Cynic,

You can ask for them straight away from the estate agent, even without a viewing. The HIP must be in place when it is put on the market. Of course if you want a copy or to take away some will charge.