Something has annoyed me today - Police car speeding without lights/sirens

it's odd how many people 's opening gambit with the emergency services is aobut how long they took to respond ...

I think most people worry more about the lack or response at all rather than the speed of arrival !!

you should see chesterfield rd woodseats on atleast two normaly much more times per day we see police cars blue lights sirens going cutting through traffic then turn lights off and turn into the police station and get out and walk into the nic how is this responding to a call its funny but its roung 3,30 daily this happens strainge that there shif change time is 4 pm bet you,l tell me there is no link lol

Maybe they were going in to get a dictionary and a spell checker for you.

you should see chesterfield rd woodseats on atleast two normaly much more times per day we see police cars blue lights sirens going cutting through traffic then turn lights off and turn into the police station and get out and walk into the nic how is this responding to a call its funny but its roung 3,30 daily this happens strainge that there shif change time is 4 pm bet you,l tell me there is no link lol

Oh dear ! Your time would be better spent checking your post before you send it - it is barely understandable.:(

Have you really got nothing better to do than watch police cars coming and going into the police station ?

Do you spend a lot of time in Wetherspoons ?

Edited by Daven

In the last two weeks i have seen around six police cars speeding and driving like well nutters is the only word that comes to mind with no lights on i think this is wrong!

Nick em ban em and lock em up.

They were probably in a rush to set a speed trap up.

Hypoctites.

Police arne't required to have lights and sirens running when they're responding to a call.

They do have to be responding to a call to justify speeding. How you can prove that they weren't, is beyond me.

In the last two weeks i have seen around six police cars speeding and driving like well nutters is the only word that comes to mind with no lights on i think this is wrong!

lol there always at it 1 nearly hit me other week lost control over hill and had to hit brakes hard :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Threads merged.

Police arne't required to have lights and sirens running when they're responding to a call.

They do have to be responding to a call to justify speeding. How you can prove that they weren't, is beyond me.

I believe that the ACPO advice is to always have the lights on if responding to a call at speed, that way it's clear on any speed cameras they go through why they were speeding.

I followed some last weds eve - 6 riot vans and a couple of range rovers - they all got on at the Elland Rd junction just after the footy and they got off not long after the M62 junction (can't remmber which but it's where their base is).

Kept overtaking each other all the way and were doing in excess of 80.

Few years ago I was nearly hit by a police car that had no lights/sirens on.

I was stationary waiting to turn right with a couple of cars behind me, when it was clear ahead i looked in side mirror, started to set off and then from nowhere came this white mondeo up the outside of the car - I rang it in and they reckoned it was responding to a report of someone taking photos of kids about 2 miles from where I was hence no lights/sirens to warn the culprit, argued with them that at that distance at least lights would have been an idea :huh: but as expected they didn't want to know :loopy:.