after 12 months £30.00

can cancel at 12 months

insurance first 3 months free then £5.99 / month, can cancel within 12 months

Dial-a-phone

essentially I would pay nothing

for 12 months

on 3

this makes no sense?

Iwas told i was selected as one of 500 from 20,000, I imagine that isnt the case as they didnt know my name?

any ideas?

Does this mean you have to take out a 2 year contract? I can't imagine them giving you a phone like that for free. Be careful and check before you sign up .

I saw something similar to this the other day. Once you get to the small print you realise that you pay something like £15 a month from day one, then it goes up to £30 a month somewhere along the line.

You have to claim your money back at certain points during the contract a bit at a time. It made no sense to me at all :?

Try PM'ing DaBouncer. He is pretty clued up with stuff like this :wink:

nuh man, just dont trust 'em Pple, had similar problems wit 3 fones. i guess they is a catch some way. say they rang yu , they will say yu dont have to pay n-thang but they will ask 4yo bank details. ps, once yu received this fone it wont be easy to terminate the con- tract. plus if there iz an issue remember they dont fone yu back, gotta be you chasing 'em up constantly. read small prints mate!!

Connection is always free these days. There will be a catch in the line rental.

There's also an increasing number of 18 month contracts these days which I don't like.

We have a 3 phone and it's pretty rubbish. There's no signal if we close the venetian blinds in the lounge!

I have known people use these sort of deals, where you pay line rental but claim cash-back after a year, and they've managed to cancel it fine. I guess it relies on you not bothering to cancel, or forgetting... The sort of places doing them always seem shady enough that I wouldn't like to trust them though :)

Originally posted by Carl_Malibu

motorola c975

free connection

500minutes

100text

free 12 months

after 12 months £30.00

can cancel at 12 months

insurance first 3 months free then £5.99 / month, can cancel within 12 months

Dial-a-phone

essentially I would pay nothing

for 12 months

on 3

this makes no sense?

Iwas told i was selected as one of 500 from 20,000, I imagine that isnt the case as they didnt know my name?

any ideas?

im with these,i get 1000 free minutes after 7pm till 8 am and 250 free text messages,pay £5 a month rental for six months then £16 per month for 12 months

I always work on the principle 'if it sounds too good to be true - it usually is'

My daughter always sorts my deals and phones out for me. If you ever want to know the best deal at the moment, let me know and i'll contact my daughter. Her job is mobile phone help support so she's pretty clued up on these things.

well its just me mother needs a phone and if its cost free its fantastic.

I think 3 are desperate for customers

its actually a 12 month contract too

i dunno

I am on a cashback offer with 3 and just coming to the end of my 12 month contract.

I haven't had any problems with them. My offer wasn't quite that cheap - normally £40/month but I get it half price at £20/month.

I pay £40/month and claim lumps sum back at 6th and 12th month and I haven't had a problem.

Mine is with E2Save who are the internet-only arm of the Carphone Warehouse.

There are similar offers to the one you saw around everywhere, there are lots at £2.99/month etc.

Cashback can be a pain but £40/month (for 750 any time/network mins and 150 texts) is cheaper than what I used to pay and a lump sum back every now and then is a pleasant surprise!

Just don't forget to send off your bill for the cashback in the set timeframe, send it recorded and ring to check it got there and there shouldn't be a problem.

Originally posted by Carl_Malibu

well its just me mother needs a phone and if its cost free its fantastic.

I think 3 are desperate for customers

its actually a 12 month contract too

i dunno

like a few people have said, it will be the pay it and then claim it back. They rely on your forgetting to make a claim after 6, 9 and 12 months, and if the claim isn't made within the 30 day period specified then you can't claim the refund.