Man with cancer thrown out of pub for refusing to take off hat.

I agree with rules in the pub as i go in there , butttttt i think sue was totally out of order she could have put this bad situation right very easily, all she had to do was accept she had got this one wrong and told the lad he was ok in the pub aslong as he didnt mind sitting down somewhere quite in the pub and not standing around the bar area for others to complain about. Yes she has got to stick to the rules but this was deffo a situation for a bit of heart which i know sue has very little for asregards anyone who crosses her rules ect she is a stickler and has barred alot of people for petty things , that is why everyone on facebook is having a go back , for example a certain barman shouting at a 3 year old kid who run up to her dad for some crisp , the kid was scared to death for a strange man to shout at her "yes she wasnt aloud at the bar but 3 year olds dont know pub ruls " ,so the 3 year old dad had ago to the barman and told him to appolagise to her he said no , so the dad kicked of and guess who got barred lol yes the dad and by who yes sue she could have told the barman to appolagise and all resolved but nope once again her rules stick so she lost more customers . So yes alot of problems are caused by the wrong reasons and can be easily solved in the case i said again , like i said this is why alot dont like sue ,i personally have never had a problem with her and you have got to keep trouble away ect but not people with illness.

:loopy:

you are scum to come out with such a statement, so what is the difference you ask?? none of us are picking on a cancer sufferer unlike your friend or you because you are as bad as her for basically saying he was an attention seeker. he didnt create the problem did he? she did!! im sure he would prefer not to have cancer and a full head of hair but unfortunately he hasnt. SHAME ON YOU

Who do you think you are to call me scum??? you don't know me at all so keep your childish name calling for the playground.

Sue didn't pick on him, and if you knew Murphy and Sue as well as others, you would know the amount of charity work they have done over the years.

Of course nobody wants to have cancer, but all the people who have commented nastly about her must have been barred ,or caused trouble whilst being drunk out of their heads.

If this happened to myself, there is noway I would contact the Star to make such a show of myself now go and play back with your little pals in the playground.

Who do you think you are to call me scum??? you don't know me at all so keep your childish name calling for the playground.

Sue didn't pick on him, and if you knew Murphy and Sue as well as others, you would know the amount of charity work they have done over the years.

Of course nobody wants to have cancer, but all the people who have commented nastly about her must have been barred ,or caused trouble whilst being drunk out of their heads.

If this happened to myself, there is noway I would contact the Star to make such a show of myself now go and play back with your little pals in the playground.

Dozens of people are wrong and you are right.:roll:.

The aggression in your post makes it clear why you get on so well together.:|.

Your choice. ......... and I certainly hope this does not happen to you. The VICTIM of rotten treatment in this case did choose to let the Star know of the problems he had. However by doing so he most certainly has not "made a show" of himself rather he has simply highlighted unacceptable behaviour by the landlady (& if she did not pick on him why was he told to leave the pub?)

i doubt all the people that have commented on her have been barred do you? are they not able to make an informed judgement based on the facts?

isnt that what a forum is for?

why shouldnt he highlight the fact that he has been discriminated against contrary to the disability discrimination act?

you are as bad as her for saying he basically sought attention and he got it im sure he didnt seek to be victimised by the neanderthal behaviour of this individual.

what comes around goes around

She's a stickler for rules. No hats MEANS no hats.

It was pouring it down with rain last easter and she made all the kids have the easter bonnet competition in the car park.

It sounds like she may have a severe form of hat phobia. Perhaps she should seek treatment. if lots of people turned up in hats it could be considered exposure therapy which would be very helpful for her. The problem as always with the highly anxious, she might turn violent particularly if she can't escape (fight or flight mechanism)

I moved away from Frecheville bout 10 year ago and this used to be my local, has this pub realy got that bad??? used to be great when Wes ran it.

This woman knows how a pub should be run, I take my hat off to her.

My family has been friends of Sue an Murphy for a long time and have never had a problem with them. However, when I met Sue myself to book the function room, twice she was rude to me and my guests. She never made us aware of any of the issues she may have had and her rudeness was an embarassment to us.

Ever since this happened, our families have refused to go back to the pub and now this happens, it just backs what we were saying to start with... Yes, its hard to run a pub and yes, people should abide by the rules but for goodness sake, a man with cancer who had the decency to take the woman aside and explain to her privately the issue regarding the cap was banned and this is out of order.

It's a disgrace!

It seems to me that the only people this woman is nice to are the people that 'know' her and not the people who keep her in business

It's discrimination if the effect is to cause him a worse experience:.

Thank you for this response, not that I agree.

he wouldn't have been treated this way if not for cancer / chemotherapy.

ER.... yes he would. That's the whole point. If he didn't have cancer, he would still have been asked to remove the hat or leave.

You have made this allegation up to defend the Landlady, I can safetly presume that you are her friend or work there, so your opinion becomes impartial.

One of his friends has even come on and spoken of his character, being a quiet lad.

So it's ok to believe one of his mates but not one of Sues mates?

As before, it's been handled badly. But people are making it to be wrse than it is.

i'm in totally agreement that Sue handled this wrong but she is good at her job. She has made the Sherwood a great pub even though she's messed up this time

i'm in totally agreement that Sue handled this wrong but she is good at her job. She has made the Sherwood a great pub even though she's messed up this time

no its not a great pub!!!!

what is your definition of a great pub???

a pub that has a welcoming atmosphere X FAIL

a pub that does good food X FAIL

a pub with a wide variety of real ales X FAIL