Action 4 employment v remploy

Action 4 Employment (A4E) may not be the right kind of job agency for everyone. What people have to remember before signing up with A4E is; "A4E isn't there to get you a job, that part is up to you. A4E is there to help you understand the job market and how it works, who it's looking for as potential employees. A4E is there to help you search for a job, it cannot guarantee you'll get a job". Nobody can guarentee that.
so what you offering to these people in the way of getting them back into employment ? also people dont sign up to this because they want to (they will be threatened they will lose their benefits if they dont ) Edited by ricgem2002

Ha they are both the same. They call you, harrass you,threaten you and do zilch!! Nada! The people who work for them especially Remploy are thick, im sorry but they are!! They make people sit and search for jobs who do not even know how to use a pc then send you on a course to use a pc the course teaches you how to sit there and watch someone else connect to the internet, search web pages, And this is the funny part, teach you to word process ha ha and expect you to go away knowing how to get access to the internet. They are a pointless waste of time and Government money. They get everyone in to justify their job, Why does no-one grow a brain and do something worthwhile. Its all to do with statistics. They get you in some stupid work experience unpaid!!! no job at the end of it!!! And their STATISTICS look good!! I could do their job for half the money in half the time. Its a waste. They are just driving people to depression and suicide all for £64 quid a week!! expecting a person who has been a builder for 30 years to train to work in an office or on a bus. Oh we can all put a smile on our face and pretend we are going to help you get a job and oh we are trying out very best, no... They are trying to keep their job by whatever means. Im sorry but i was promised so much from A4E and ended up with nothing and im very qualified. The Gov. Need to spend that money working with ther people who do not wanna work who have never worked, but they dont, they target the ones who want to work who have always worked but due to the recession are on the Dole. If there was any work they would help themselves to a job like mankind has always done. **No doubt this will be removed.... Freedom of Speech, Ha Freedom of Nothing in this country! Its a fact!

You could do their jobs for less than £10K a year, no other benefits available as you are in full time work and get those who resist work into work faster?

I don't work with adults, but have worked with youth services for years, and motivating those who don't want to look for work is a lot harder than you might imagine...

so what you offering to these people in the way of getting them back into employment ? also people dont sign up to this because they want to (they will be threatened they will lose their benefits if they dont )

Many people have traditionally self refered to these services, but they are kept separate from those who have had to be sent from the job centre... Sadly, the funding that paid for such projects has expired, so in future the only projects available are for those sent by the job centre...

so what you offering to these people in the way of getting them back into employment ? also people dont sign up to this because they want to (they will be threatened they will lose their benefits if they dont )

Cor deary me... what a load of self pitying cod wash..If you read Brians post it clearly states what they do to HELP you get back into employment... do you think people really need someone to take them by the hand and walk them to a computer and sit with them jobsearching and then if needs be walk them to the interview? Come on lets be honest as adults what do you expect the likes of A4e and Remploy etc etc to do.... they can only help and advise like Brian said... the rest is down to the jobsearcher to do :|

That Aspire looks like a perfect job for me. My contact ran out at Shef uni as a IT tech on Friday and I'm really missing it

I've had awful experiences at A4e - thirteen weeks of having to attend full time, to do job search which takes 10 mins a day.

I had a much better experience at Remploy, not as demanding, a lot more laid back, and understanding of my job skills

Did either get you a job though ?

No. I did that myself.

A4e continually offered me unsuitable jobs and basically pressured me into taking anything so they could tick their boxes and claim their bounty. It was a totally demeaning situation, in an over subscribed environment.

No. I did that myself.

A4e continually offered me unsuitable jobs and basically pressured me into taking anything so they could tick their boxes and claim their bounty. It was a totally demeaning situation, in an over subscribed environment.

Did you go to both in the same contract 'era'? Just wondering, as you mentioned the 13 week thing, and that was quite a few years ago? The contract that A4e and Remploy shared this last few years meant that both companies worked in the same way, as did those companies such as CTS & Wise who they 2nd tiered to...