Card readers in ATM machines

I found vinceb's attachment extremely interesting, and it has alerted me to the problem

Yeah, same here, though by the look of it I'd still have trouble identifying one, they look almost identical. Would be especially difficult when you're in a rush or in the dark. What horrible thieving scummers.

could this happen to cash machines outside banks cuz i use them assuming its safer?

I no the co-op at hartley brook has had one fitted, my mate's had it happen to her 2 days ago!!!! BE CAREFUL!!!!

Not always possible as the maximum cashback is £50.00. What if you need more than that?

go round and buy something else

There was a thread on here a couple of days ago who had his card cloned at a morrisons cash machine, and he said his bank rang him up and said someone was trying to use it is Russia too, could be the same people.

Do you know which ones in Southey Green because get dough out from there all the time?

I believe its the one outside the co-op southeygreen rd.

And also a ATM on nethershire lane shiregreen.

I believe its the one outside the co-op southeygreen rd.

I use that one regularly and never noticed anything. I haven't had any fraudulent activity on my bank account up to now but I'll update if anything does show up.

could this happen to cash machines outside banks cuz i use them assuming its safer?

Yes it can happen there too; just depends on where the thieves think is convenient.

I like the cashback idea, I might change to use that as much as possible.

There's lots of people suggesting you 'get cash back' or just go into a bank.

My point is that we shouldn't have to do these things. The machines are there for a reason and not all people have time to go into a bank or supermarket to get cash back. The banks should be solving the problem quickly and efficently and the scum that think it's ok to take other people's money should be arrested. It get's me so mad that some people think they can steal from others. Grrr!!

please beaware of using cash points at morrisons and co-op at eccesfield as there are some t**ts who are cloning your cards and taking all the money out of your bank and its going to russia. just be carefull as i dont want any one else getting ripped off like my sister in law i know off two people who have been ripped of and they both said the money had gone to the same place.. and also beaware of the co-op at sothey they using card readers to clone your card SO BE VERY CAREFULL

Edited by suvy

please beaware of using cash points at morrisons and co-op at eccesfield as there are some <Removed> who are cloning your cards and taking all the money out of your bank and its going to russia. just be carefull as i dont want any one else getting ripped off like my sister in law i know off two people who have been ripped of and they both said the money had gone to the same place.. and also beaware of the co-op at sothey they using card readers to clone your card SO BE VERY CAREFULL

Cheers, I usually use the one at Southey Co-op, not going to any more. I walked past it today and wanted to take a good look at it to see if I could spot anything dodgy but there was a queue of people there and I didn't want to look like a crazy robber. I considered mentioning the machine might be dodgy but around here I'd probably have just gotten a funny look for my trouble :) and short of camping out outside the cash point and warning everyone away (crazy nutter territory) there wouldn't be much point.

Edited by Draggletail
Quotes swearing

Whilst we are at it, we may as well warn people to be careful when crossing the road and when driving as well.