Cheap Insurance for 17yr old learners first car. Any good companies ?

Our daughter has stated to learn to drive and is having lessons with a driving school.

She now has the chance of a cheap car and needs to get some quotes.

Done all the Go compare, money supermarket stuff and found a variety of prices.

Anyone out in forum land already been here and found a good company. ??

With young drivers all you can do is make a lot of calls and do check a lot of companies. Adrian flux have a fairly good reputation with young drivers but basically one company might be cheap one week another the next etc etc. This one just requires a lot of hard work! Try adding yourself (or wife depending on who has the better driving record) as a nmaed driver. Even if you have no intention of using it it can often make things cheaper.

Found Quinn insurance very good for New Young Drivers,It is also cheaper to insure if they do so on a provisional license[saved about £100]Thinking is that they will have a experienced driver with them so less likelyhood to have an accident than a newly qualified youngster.Also excellent customer service from our experience.

With young drivers all you can do is make a lot of calls and do check a lot of companies. Adrian flux have a fairly good reputation with young drivers but basically one company might be cheap one week another the next etc etc. This one just requires a lot of hard work! Try adding yourself (or wife depending on who has the better driving record) as a nmaed driver. Even if you have no intention of using it it can often make things cheaper.

fronting. and it invalidates the insurance. and you can end up in court. and the daughter could end up being done for driving without insurance. and could get 6 points on her licence.

fronting. and it invalidates the insurance. and you can end up in court. and the daughter could end up being done for driving without insurance. and could get 6 points on her licence.

No,fronting is where the experienced driver has a policy where he is the main driver and the inexperieced is the named one yet uses the carthe most...

Not True,There is nothing wrong with a Parent being added as a named driver on a Childs insurance,It is wrong to take out insurance in the Parents name then adding the Child as a named driver when it will be the Child who is the MAIN Driver just to save on insurance costs[does the Child no good anyway as they don't build up any No Claims Discount]

Adrian Flux - Thats who I'm with, about a £800 cheaper than any I found on Go compare or comparethemarket.

Aye, and don't listen to the people telling you to front, because if you did do that and got found out, not only will your daughter lose her license license (6 points because invalidates insurance), you will get points too, which will just raise both of your insurance premiums, especially hers, and most companies are clamping down really hard now. Oh and she'll have to take an extended test which is much longer and harder.

Obviously I'm not saying you'd do that, but I just used you as an example to anyone thinking of doing it, two of my mates got caught and both lost their licenses and had to retake the test, and because it's longer one of them failed, and the one that did pass is looking at 4 grand insurance on a 1 litre Saxo.

Edited by Forumosaurus

Adrian Flux - Thats who I'm with, about a £800 cheaper than any I found on Go compare or comparethemarket.

Aye, and don't listen to the people telling you to front, because if you did do that and got found out, not only will your daughter lose her license license (6 points because invalidates insurance), you will get points too, which will just raise both of your insurance premiums, especially hers, and most companies are clamping down really hard now. Oh and she'll have to take an extended test which is much longer and harder.

Obviously I'm not saying you'd do that, but I just used you as an example to anyone thinking of doing it, two of my mates got caught and both lost their licenses and had to retake the test, and because it's longer one of them failed, and the one that did pass is looking at 4 grand insurance on a 1 litre Saxo.

Which post was suggesting they front?

The main thing is, to be totally honest with the insurance company; If you are not, and a claim is made, you may find you are not insured. Then, you and the youngster, will be in a whole load of trouble.

If you found a quote 800 quid cheaper, it begs the question of how much you're paying?!

However, I won't ask. I know how much the robbing ******** charge.

Adrian Flux, sounds like a superhero.