Fitness Class - Stannington - Thursdays

To commence Thursday 11th Feb, and every Thursday thereafter

Class 1 - 6.30pm start

Class 2 - 7.30pm start (both classes are the same)

The stomach/abs will be heavily targetted during the 1st part of the class, as will the legs, hips and bottom.

The 2nd part will be a Circuit to work every area of the body, you will also be doing sprints/shuttle running after the circuit. This will be followed by the cooldown.

Jack and Jills Pre School

Stannington, Sheffield S6 6DD

There is plenty of room for car parking at the side of the venue, if you wish to come send a PM or email fitness123@live.co.uk, this is so I'm aware of numbers and can be sure to bring enough equipment for all to use.

Edited by Shef_Fitness

During August the class will run 7pm - 8pm.

We will return to 2 classes after the Summer Holiday period is over

We now have two sessions at this venue, beginners and advanced.

Our beginners class is an easy introduction to fitness. Its a gentle stomach/abs workout, stuff to target the legs/bottom and then a mini circuit. Even though it is only for half an hour, the class members still end up red faced and sweaty

The advanced session is aimed at people with higher levels of fitness

Thursday

Beginners, 6.15pm - 6.45pm....£2.50

Advanced, 7pm - 8pm....£4.50

This webpage will give you a breakdown of the sessions and what you will be doing during the class

http://www.sheffieldfitness.com/page5.htm

Both sessions have a friendly atmosphere and all new comers are welcome

Changes to format on this venue.

Thursday

Beginner session to be ran as an intermediate session.

Times and price - 6.05pm - 6.10pm, £4

Advanced session to remain the same

Times and price - 7pm - 8pm, £4.50

Yes, this class still runs.

It does appear to attract slimmers and so the retention is not as good as the other sessions

could you please tell the fee and full schedule of the classes. thanks

Ooh bananas

I'm moving all the sessions out of church halls and into sports halls, and so the session at Stannington no longer runs. I was getting too many slimming types and sadly slimmers and fitness training are not a good combination.

Check the website for links to all the current sessions.

Ooh bananas

I'm moving all the sessions out of church halls and into sports halls, and so the session at Stannington no longer runs. I was getting too many slimming types and sadly slimmers and fitness training are not a good combination.

Check the website for links to all the current sessions.

What do you mean by slimming types. Do you want people who are not to over weight then? Just lookin for some where to start.

What do you mean by slimming types. Do you want people who are not to over weight then? Just lookin for some where to start.

A church hall tends to attract slimmers, weight loss clubs etc....and sadly the target market that I am aiming for tend to train in sports halls or gyms.

I spoke to someone who works in marketing about how I attract fitness people into church halls and his answer was "fitness people train in gyms or sports halls - they don't train in church halls". So in effect, I was attempting to make water go up a hill.

My record at retaining people who have attended slimming clubs is absolutely woefull, whereas if I get people who want an intense session, my retention is far higher - in fact its not far off 100%.

Running the sessions in church halls and sports halls, there is a stark difference in the type of people who are coming to train. (the target market) and thats the reason for moving all the sessions out of church halls.

If you did come to a session, you would need to go at your own pace and not attempt to keep up with the regulars. I do mention this at the start of every class "go at your own pace".

Hope that explanation helps