'Stood like Clem'

He could lift it off floor onto his shoulder in one go . Not many could do that

2 hours ago, Slinny said:

He could lift it off floor onto his shoulder in one go . Not many could do thatli

He could lift it off floor onto his shoulder in one go . Not many could do that

Lionel worked 4and 2 with me  for big apple bricks  were the big old type .most blues and smooth facing bricks  he would lay hod on paint tin  near floor then pick it up and all in one go lift it on to his shoulder I never saw anyone else ever do that . I was about 14 years younger than him so was faster up ladder . But would have loved to have seen him in his prime . Me and Jackie used to go in angelers to have a drink with him and his sisters carol and Betty , Bob was always in little club at Darnell where I once saw you .  Very good people.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:28, grumpyworld said:

When labour won the 1945 General Election the incoming Prime Minister went to Buckingham Palace as protocol dictates. King George V wasn't best pleased and left Clement Attlee standing there. Eventually Clem piped up "I won the election" to which the King replied "I know, it was on the news".

Clement Attlee did some very good things . My mates dad was a miner , he fought in the war . He also was prisoner off war the pit he worked at was owned by private owner he also owned houses where most off the miners lived . If miners went on strike they lost their job and their home , that all got stoped when Attlee was in power . And what about nhs , l am only a old hod carrier but I am glad he got in when I was 3 years old , and wish they were in power now   Only a true workers view on things , 

Clement Attlee did some very good things . My mates dad was a miner , he fought in the war . He also was prisoner off war the pit he worked at was owned by private owner he also owned houses where most off the miners lived . If miners went on strike they lost their job and their home , that all got stoped when Attlee was in power . And what about nhs , l am only a old hod carrier but I am glad he got in when I was 3 years old , and wish they were in power now   Only a true workers view on things , 

Good on yer Slinney ,  Them Royals are crap , always have been . Clem Attlee was true royalty .