Chinese buffets..which one?

flaming dragon @ centertainment! better than the school dining hall that no1 buffet in the city center has!

I have always enjoyed Jumbo's, number one was awful and Wokmania was lovely on one of the evenings we went, a selection of indian food was also avaliable. I think i'm gonna have to try Flaming Dragon. But IMO try Jumbo's.

Most regular Chinese offer a good veggie selection - as does Baan Thai - if you want a group meal, then did us proud at Christmas. The veggies had a wonderful choice - for 3 or 4 they had about 4 or 5 mains between them, similar for starter. All cooked fresh.

Oh and BTW I'm no snob - just someone who enjoys good food that's been well cooked with care. I'd rather go out less often and really enjoy the experience.

we went to a chinese banquet the other sat nite was £14.99 and you could have what you wanted and was all freshly prepared it was just off the moor will try and find out the name was gorgeus

I have to admit I was fairly impressed with Flaming Dragon, they seemed to have some different stuff to the places in town and it felt a bit less like a canteen.

Of course I was very, very drunk at the time. :)

No 1 sucks badly

Jumbo is ok

Flaming dragon is good

but their hygiene is woeful putting you at greater chance of food poisoning

I heard the one on West Street is really good, they also do take aways where you get 2 plastic boxes to fill woth food.

Great value, and enough food to satisfy a person who likes"small sensible" portions, through to the person who likes "greedy porker" sized portions

Dont go to wok mania its horrible. Really horrible. I've been there twice, never ever again.

Jumbos near the crucible is ok.

These places are always going to have low hygiene ratings. The food sits out of the kitchen for much longer than in a normal resteraunt with people walking round it and sometimes using their hands to pick it up even if they're not supposed to.

The Flaming Dragon is the best for me. I have been about 6 times now and never been disappointed. There is more choice at night. Good service and atmosphere too.