New Wetherspoons opening - Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road

As the Wetherspoons real ale festival started yesterday we decided to try and go to all of the Wetherspoons in Sheffield to try as many of the ales as possible. I have to say the sheaf island was rubbish it has at least 8 handpulls but only 2 festival ales on no effort made at all. The Francis Newton was good, well good for a Wetherspoons. In all i tried 15 ales and some of them were actually good and I don't mean good for a Wetherapoons I mean if your were around and about Kelham Island they would be good.

Went there last night. Was very nice. Was in The bankers draft before and this is alot nicer imo.

We went last Friday afternoon and it only about a quarter full, the food was ok, but it seems the same as in nearly every other Wetherspoons pub - there is a long trek upstairs to the toilets.

Had a lovely sunday lunch. Excellent value: meal and glass of wine about £6!! Service was reasonably quick. Food was good.

cant see why it would be a problem- good places for a quiet pint . there not exactly noisy for music!

I agree, but there is a bit of a difference between a shop that opens until 5pm or a sophisticated wine/champagne bar and.... Wetherspoons!

now even you must have heard the saying "if your face fits "thats the answer all about representation and getting a revenue out of a good operator ,this council have never considered tenants rights when a big player comes along