New Wetherspoons opening - Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road

This is the Sheffield area manager's direct contact info, complain away:

Emma Parkinson (Area Manager)

07917 761356

[email protected]

I bet she'll just love that :hihi:

the bar and other things are being signed off tomorrow with the work completed

there are still some legal issues to sort out and it seems the problems are continuing, looks like there's still problems from the residents and nto sure what the council are saying on the matter ... seems strange that they have planning permission etc and they still cant open!

the bar and other things are being signed off tomorrow with the work completed

there are still some legal issues to sort out and it seems the problems are continuing, looks like there's still problems from the residents and nto sure what the council are saying on the matter ... seems strange that they have planning permission etc and they still cant open!

If they have planning permission, an alcohol license and Health & Safety signoff, nothing can stop them opening surely? No matter what a couple of miffed residents say?

If they have planning permission, an alcohol license and Health & Safety signoff, nothing can stop them opening surely? No matter what a couple of miffed residents say?

im really not sure whats going on down their, my brother's been working on the site and says its been a nightmare with all the notice of drilling etc they have to give but says his boss is going in tomorrow night to sign the job off so unless its something as regards arguments about opening times etc then it should be opening very soon

When I walked past today there didn't look to be any signage up externally.

Also interesting to note is that it no longer appears to be listed on the Wetherspoons website, so maybe there is some problem at the moment preventing them from opening.

Regards

Doom

it's all papered up but before that it looked very close to being finished (last time I saw it before being papered up, it had all the pubs, fridges and furniture inside, and all the decorative stuff had gone up). I'd guess Weatherspoons are just signing for it, and it will be opening soon

When I walked past today there didn't look to be any signage up externally.

Also interesting to note is that it no longer appears to be listed on the Wetherspoons website, so maybe there is some problem at the moment preventing them from opening.

Regards

Doom

more work being done inside (alarms and stuff being installed) but yeah it's strange it's not on the Wetherspoons website any more. Maybe they've just taken it down from "Coming Soon" and soon it will be "Open".

Planning permission and licences can be revoked at any point, regardless of how far they have gone into a development. However the council will have to pay big money as compensation.

It will be interesting watching this one unfold!

No sign of it on their website is a good sign of things to come.

D

now open...went last night...was yummy and massive portions for reasonable prices...had steak and ale pie (was big) with pile of chips, heap of brocolli and carrots and gravy for about £7...will deffo go again!

now open...went last night...was yummy and massive portions for reasonable prices...had steak and ale pie (was big) with pile of chips, heap of brocolli and carrots and gravy for about £7...will deffo go again!

I suspect you've got the wrong Wetherspoons. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

I suspect you've got the wrong Wetherspoons. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

that will pobably be the francis newton

the thing that is holding up sheaf island is the location of the extractor fans on the outside of the building, some residents are not happy with the proposed location. it will probably be open mid may