Whats happening with the Ryegate parking situation?? oooops nowt!!

:help:any news on the dangerous parking antics of the Ryegate Hospital visitors. Makes life hell for the residents!!! Who cares???? Seems no-one....But if someone get hurt or worse, there'll be an outcry:rant:

?? what exactly are you trying to say?? Are you a resident of the Ryegate Centre and don't like how your visitors park? Are you local who is being a bit of a NIMBY? Are you blaming visitors to Ryegate for how badly the entrance is designed?

Don't you think that it would be helpful for all of us who don't have a clue what the issue is in the first place if you explained what the problem is, what you believe the cause to be and how (and by whom) the situation could be improved?

At the moment I have no idea and it's really not getting me on the side of any campaign you may be trying to get off the ground.

:help:any news on the dangerous parking antics of the Ryegate Hospital visitors. Makes life hell for the residents!!! Who cares???? Seems no-one....But if someone get hurt or worse, there'll be an outcry:rant:

Having been there myself and had to park on the street I can honnestly say its no worse than anywhere else in Sheffield.

You should get out more.

All of us would prefere it not to be as crowded on our roads and at peak times its worse than others. I think that you wrongly assumed that buying a big house would some how exclude you from the day to day happenings that the adverage joe would have to put up with. I assure you you are wrong if that was the case.

Its a nice area, with nice streets/roads but cars are everywhere Im afrade and owning a house does not mean you own the highway.

Anyhow I hope you come to terms with it, after all everyone else has too ;)

There is not enough parking in Ryegate but I prefer to have the buildings there with staff that use them to assess the needs of children in Sheffield.

As far as I know though the surrounding roads have no restrictions (with perhaps the exception of Manchester Road) so unless someone is blocking a drive they are parking OK.

Yes i agree that the parking for the rygate hospital is bad but come on who ever put the post on in the first place should get a life the children need their treatment and more often or not this treatment is a life saver and can sometimes get a child who was not expected to walk to walk so think about the children that have to attend this place and not yourself if you are a resident that his complaining about people parking on the streets around their they have a right to this treatment as it improves the quality of their life and believe me to see a child go through intensive physio to enable then to walk or have a better quality of life is no fun at all i know as a parent of one such children.

Yes i agree that the parking for the rygate hospital is bad but come on who ever put the post on in the first place should get a life the children need their treatment and more often or not this treatment is a life saver and can sometimes get a child who was not expected to walk to walk so think about the children that have to attend this place and not yourself if you are a resident that his complaining about people parking on the streets around their they have a right to this treatment as it improves the quality of their life and believe me to see a child go through intensive physio to enable then to walk or have a better quality of life is no fun at all i know as a parent of one such children.

I'd echo this statement!

Actually I dont live in a big house, its a small terraced. My friend lives in the sheltered accommodation opposite and is not too good on her feet. My friends grandchildren go to the school nearby. How people park on the traffic island, which is surely illegal, is putting vunerable people at risk. I have a life thanks, and am worried about the fact that it might take someone to loose theirs before something is done!!

Actually I dont live in a big house, its a small terraced. My friend lives in the sheltered accommodation opposite and is not too good on her feet. My friends grandchildren go to the school nearby. How people park on the traffic island, which is surely illegal, is putting vunerable people at risk. I have a life thanks, and am worried about the fact that it might take someone to loose theirs before something is done!!

If they are parking on a traffic island then yes it is illegally - wheather dangerous i couldn't comment until see if it is causing an obstruction. But general parking in the area is perfectly legal and no more dangerous then anywhere else if people follow the green cross code. You weren't clear in OP and sounded like you were having a pop at people in general who visit Ryegate who don't have a choice to go there and some have no choice but to use a car.

you may notice that in this area and surrounding roads that the majority of people who park there and are causing the problems the OP states, are parking there then walking to the 51 stop and getting the bus to/from work at uni/hospitals/town..wherever. go up there at 6pm on a weeknight or 10am on a sat and you'll find the area is back to a commuter car free oasis of s10 lovely-ness. Ryegate is open and works 24-7, whereas the cars are there 'office hours'.

you''ll also find that at school drop off/pick up times that the parking gets worse as so many mums/dads/carers/grandparents/nannies are doing the school run for 3 schools on the nearby roads. its not simple as just the parents/carers/staff who use ryegate as causing the problem, its a huge combination of stuff.

if you can pinpoint that any car causing a problem/blocking a driveway is one of the parents cars using Ryegate, then nip into reception and ask for it to be moved. or complain to Sheffield Childrens hospital who own and run Ryegate.

or be nice like one lady who lives next to ryegate is - she offered a friend use of her drive when they visit Ryegate with their little'un. now that is just lovely.

xgx

Edited by xgrifterx
spelling

I lived on Ryegate Crescent for a couple of years but moved out of the area because of the attitudes of some people locally......not the most open of minds I have ever come across.

For years I have also visited the Ryegate centre for my job, I understand the job that this centre does in diagnosing and supporting some of our most disabled young people and their families, believe me these famiies would love to put up with some inconveniance instead of having to spend their lives attending medical appointments for their children.

Have heard it all now.........

took my son to ryegate just before xmas, my first visit, was going to go on bus thinking the parking round there would be bad or costly, but took the car due to weather/running late, arrived midday parked safely on road no charge and found no problems but maybe i was lucky???