Sign in to follow this  

18mnth not sleeping

My 18mnth has decided to wake at differant times of the night, its been going on for mnths now with only the odd day or two where she has slept threw. but then gone back to waking up again. she wakes up screamin and wont settle bk down.

On the really bad nights shes ended up with us. Which is not ideal but the only way of getting some sort of sleep.

Im quite happy to leave her screaming but she would wake the street up as she seems so paniced at times.

Ive tryed feeding her up,bath before bed ect.

Any ideas??

Lyns:help:

We've been going through the same thing for the last few months!

My LO is 2 and has been waking in the night again for ages, he used to be such a good sleeper too :(

We've still not got to the bottom of it, he still wakes, less now that he did at 18 months though.

We had to start being mean, calming him down then putting him straight back in bed, repeatedly. You have some nights of almost no sleep, but then you get the better nights :) :)

Zebra introduced us to glo:e bears, which light up when their paws are squeezed, and that helped my son when he went through that phase.

What worked for us was the glo:e bear to 'look after him' cos everyone knows monsters are afraid of bears...and being quite firm about

him going back to sleep in his own room.

On really bad nights we might sleep on the floor in his room, but didn't encourage him sleeping anywhere else.

hi kitty my little one sounds exactly the same. Its come from nowhere!

Ive tryed leaving her an she screams like ive never heard her before! Ive laid at the end of her cot,thats worked but seems to have worn off, i know putting her in with us is a mistake but what do you do when you work full time,you need some sort of sleep!!

I jinxed us last night. LO was up from 3am crying and moaning and crying again. If I went in he cried for daddy, if daddy went in he cried for me... *sigh*

Nights like that end up with daddy and LO in the spare bed, there's no other way if we need any sanity :(

Other than nights like last night, we only tend to be soft on him when its an obvious pain scream, then its calpol and cuddles.

He's still working on his last two teeth and has suffered with all of them, the molars are really bad :(

I think sometimes they just want to know we're there, sometimes its a dream/nightmare, sometimes they really want a cuddle and other times they're seeing how far they can push us!!! :rant:

We're going to try him in a big boy bed after his birthday (next week :o ) see if that makes any difference...

I'll report back...

GK

ooh and i might look for those Glo:e bears ;)

They both must have had a sixth sense. lexi up at 3.30am, refused to get her out of bed,and stop putting her in with us so ened up on the floor next to her bed,she settled after a while and went bk to sleep.5.20am i got bk into bed to then get up with the alarm at 6.30am!!:gag:

Very very stiff today but glad it worked,sort of anyway. getting a bit of control back im hoping.