Teaching Assistants-tell me your experiences

Can somebody please tell me what teaching assistants actually do?

There once was a time when a teacher could teach a whole class full of kids, and they had a good chance of coming out of school able to read and write to a reasonable standard, but recent evidence seems to suggest that this is now WAYYYY down the list of priorities

I'm dreading having to send my child to school in this day and age :suspect:

Oh yes the good old days, when in days gone by children with learning difficulties were segregated, Bullied, ignored and not diagnosed :roll: With the help of teaching assistants children with difficulties such as dyslexia now have additional 1-1 support and can now go through mainstream schools and come out as positive, confident and intelligent people. Instead of having to go through school feeling isolated.

With the help of teaching assistants children with difficulties such as dyslexia now have additional 1-1 support and can now go through mainstream schools and come out as positive, confident and intelligent people. Instead of having to go through school feeling isolated.
How can you tell the difference when they're being 'supported' by people who can't spell, use punctuation effectively, or construct a grammatically correct sentence themselves? :confused:

My brothers are significantly younger than me, and my mother was spitting teeth at the utter rubbish they were receiving big tick marks for at school

Maybe you should home school it strix.it would be better that way. I would hate to be in a class trying to educate a mini you with your attitude. Yep, keep 'it' at home

lol