St Vincents Solly Street

It has been brought to my attention that St Vincents on Solly street is to be sold to developers & demolished..... I know lots of people have good memories of St Vincents & the clubs I would like to hear from you , also the desendants of the Italian & Irish immigrants that lived in west bar & the crofts your ancestors were Baptised & married in this church.........some of them probably helped build it.

My Dad wrote a very interesting book about the history of St Vincents. He was passionate about the history of the church and was devestated when it closed. He married my Mum there in 1953. He was also President of the CMS for a number of years.

I went to saint Vincents school 1958 to 1963 sister Cecilia was the head then I believe Pateric Macgoohan the film star went there in the 50 s he stayed intouch with the school I was in the choire we made a record which was played in the old woolworths Kieth Lemons sang the lead

I went to st Vincents for one year 1962 to 1963 Then on to St Pauls. I was also in choire When Keith was lead singer I heard not so long back he knocks about in Woodseats and never sings a note What a voice that man had.

yes all the girls liked kieth. I'm trying to remember who was in the choire. I can remember a girl who had a powerful voice. The priest loved to hear her sing. Imma keatly, Christine Ruston. I think Kieth's voice broke, and he never sang again.

Sunbeam, my Dad was a member of the CMS from being a young man till he died 10 years ago aged 83, some of the remaining members were at his funeral with their blue and gold sashes on. What was your Dad called? My brothers also went to St Vincents school in the early 60's.

The Roll of Honour "1914 -1918" in St Vincents Church Solly Street,

Anyone know where it was re-Erected ? Len. F.

The Roll of Honour "1914 -1918" in St Vincents Church Solly Street,

Anyone know where it was re-Erected ? Len. F.

I think I have read that is is in the new St Vincents, Walkley.

If not I'm sure the priest would know its location.

The CMS Club is still up & running, I was there last Friday.