Does anyone remember Mr Basted music teacher looked like

a skinny owl with wire glasses and a picture of The Laughing

Cavalier in the class room,his name suited him.?he may have left

as i was there 53/4.

as i was there 53/4.

He used to play the piano in a pub on Hollinsend Rd, perhaps the Hollin Bush. He was an alcoholic, my grandfather marked his card good style after he had swung my cousin around the classroom by her hair. By the way, I think that his name was Bastick.

Edited by crookesey

Thats the one!had a habit off leading you

by the ear,i was glad Carter Lodge opened and

went there.

Thats the one!had a habit off leading you

by the ear,i was glad Carter Lodge opened and

went there.

Mr Peters also had a habit of sneaking up behind you, grabbing you by the ear and leading you to the front of the class whilst simultaneously trying to deadleg you! Multitalented?

It's funny the things you recall about teachers, although I can't remember his subject.

Mr Bastick the music teacher had left by the time I arrived in '57. We had a young woman whose name also eludes me.

Mr Peters also had a habit of sneaking up behind you, grabbing you by the ear and leading you to the front of the class whilst simultaneously trying to deadleg you! Multitalented?

It's funny the things you recall about teachers, although I can't remember his subject.

Mr Bastick the music teacher had left by the time I arrived in '57. We had a young woman whose name also eludes me.

You were a year before me, Mr Peters was geography, there was a very good history teacher, Mr Hastings I think.

hi folks, cant recall a linda cundy, but alan cundy(must be related) was in my class. spoted alan on friends re-united last year think he,s in devon somewhere.can anyone remember mr murton(basegreen junior)got caned off him twice,also PE teacher at frecheville senior,the guy with size16 slipper and no sense of humor oouuuch!.

all in all,happy days. I,m also looking for a cople of old pals Jef Shilitoe, lived in alport drive,i think he mrried a carol who worked in the little supermarket in alport drive last i heard he moved to woodhouse? The other guy is called david McCormick,lived on hackenthorpe,went to frecheville school and was cross country champ. last time i saw him he was working for huntingdon reserch in early70s I moved away from frecheville dec.65 so the memory is a bit foggy.glad i found this site though!!

the guy with size16 slipper

Mr Gibson

as i was there 53/4.

He went to live in Shropshire when he retired, used to give you house points if you had your own pen

The P E teacher who I remember utilizing a slipper as a method of punishment was Mr Stenton. Not my favourite! Despite trying hard at P E, I was never going to be the world's best athlete and the Rubicon came when he put another lad in my class, who was bone idle, above me in the end of year rankings. The lad in question was so lazy that earlier that year he had hitched a lift in a Post Office van whilst on a cross country run! From that stage onwards I took little interest in the subject. After all what was the point when the teacher was so biased and predjudiced in his judgements?

Only after leaving Frecheville did my interest in sport revive and 50 years later I'm still fairly active.

I went to Frecheville and Mr Slater who took science I couldnt remember how to change square inches to square yards so he stuffed cotton wool in my left ear and kept shouting the answer very loudly down my right ear What a basket case he was My name was Linda Holloway

I went to Frecheville and Mr Slater who took science I couldnt remember how to change square inches to square yards so he stuffed cotton wool in my left ear and kept shouting the answer very loudly down my right ear What a basket case he was My name was Linda Holloway

Yes Linda, I agree he was somewhat of a head case. The lads used to take gardening as a subject on that area of earth below the playground which resembled the north face of the Eiger! (Well Alan Titchmarsh had to start somewhere , didn't he?) I once saw Mr Slater, who'd lost it with the antics of fellow classmate racing around and spilling barrow loads of manure on the paths, finally throw a garden fork across the vegetable patch at the miscreant. Fortunately it landed just short of its target. Imagine a teacher doing that nowadays? Eee they don't know they're born!

What years were you at the High School?