Do English people play Ice Hockey professionally?

How many of the Sheffield Steeler's team - or any British ice hockey team's players are English?

Is it just me or are they all American or Canadian?!

Edited by GetItDone

They do have import restrictions now in most Elite teams.

The Steelers have around 7 or 8 British players. There have been some good British players in the worlds most famous league the NHL.

They do have import restrictions now in most Elite teams.

The Steelers have around 7 or 8 British players. There have been some good British players in the worlds most famous league the NHL.

Import restrictions realy? i didnt know that!

English football should have import restrictions too.

They are restricted to 6 or 7 imports, the rest of the team must be made of up of European non work permit players. Not only the player restriction there is the wage cap too.

:)

They are restricted to 6 or 7 imports, the rest of the team must be made of up of European non work permit players. Not only the player restriction there is the wage cap too.

:)

There's no import restrictions this season . An Elite League team can have any number of imports on their books as long as the total wage is under the teams wage cap ;), however they can only play 10 in any given game.

EPL is different , not sure how their restrictions differ but they do.

We have some very good young Brits at the Steelers this season , Ben Morgan has stepped up from the Scimitars (EPL) , so has Robert Farmer , Robert Dowd came through the Scimitars too.

Although I think the best Brit I've seen play for us is Ashley Tait , he's playing in Italy this season :mad: ...we want him back ! lol.

Edited by Imelda

Go to see the Scimitars at iceSheffield. They had a complete English side last weekend

Import restrictions realy? i didnt know that!

English football should have import restrictions too.

They wouldn't help much, because it's illegal to restrict the number of EU players, and that includes Spain, Italy, Germany, France ... you could restrict the number of non-EU foreigners and teams could still field a world-class side of 11 non-British players.

There's no import restrictions this season . An Elite League team can have any number of imports on their books as long as the total wage is under the teams wage cap ;), however they can only play 10 in any given game.

EPL is different , not sure how their restrictions differ but they do.

We have some very good young Brits at the Steelers this season , Ben Morgan has stepped up from the Scimitars (EPL) , so has Robert Farmer , Robert Dowd came through the Scimitars too.

Although I think the best Brit I've seen play for us is Ashley Tait , he's playing in Italy this season :mad: ...we want him back ! lol.

Depends what you believe, there was supposed to be only 15 imports allowed but steelers if sign another guy mean they will have had 16.

Also there is a wage cap which is regularly broken steelers included. Halfway through this season the wage cap was voted out because 4 teams had broke it.