Magnetic collors for dog with arthritis..your views ??

hi all,

i just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with magnetic collors to help with arthritis in dogs, my pooch has some good days and some limping days she has metacam and glucosamine and cod liver oil which does seem to help, but i wanted to know if any one has had positive results with the collors.

cheers sazzle x

I've a Miniature Schnauzer who will be 16 years old in March and who is arthritic on her back legs, to the extent that they sometimes gave way and causing her to sit down while walking. She has worn a Bioflow collar for the past 3 months and has not had this problem in that time. Ok, so she's not speedy, but walks much better than before. She too has glucosamine and cod liver oil.

Completely amazing things, helped both of Dragons old lads in the last 3 or 4 years of their lives, expensive but well worth it, am in the process of investing in one for my Daisy Moses.

I'm of the opinion that if they're harmless, there's lots of anecdotal evidence that they may do some good and you can afford to buy one then it's worth a punt.

If it doesn't work then at least it will do no harm and has no nasty side effects.

I would definately give one a try. My Yorkshire Terrier, who we sadly lost to cancer a couple of years ago, suffered with terrible arthritis from the age of 4 we tried everything and had numerous visits to the vets, he had pills, injections, the lot but was getting worse and worse until he could barely walk. The vet was talking about putting him to sleep and as a last resort I trawled the internet trying to find a last hope. When I found a site about magnatherpy collars. I sent for one and it wasn't an overnight cure but over the next three months he made a noticeable improvement. 6 months later he was better still and 12 months later you wouldn't have known it was the same dog. He continued wearing one for the rest of his life and I firmly believe the collar worked for him. I have recommended to other people but I think they expect it to work overnight so give up before they have chance to work. But I would say give it a try!

sounding good so far ...any advice on which type seem to be the most effective ..many thanks x x

well i have ordered a bioflow one and just waiting for it to arrive...i will post a update to see how it has affected my pooch...thanks for you advice..sazzle

well i have ordered a bioflow one and just waiting for it to arrive...i will post a update to see how it has affected my pooch...thanks for you advice..sazzle

Haven't tried one myself (Rimadyl has worked wonders for my Mina) but Dodger the Lodger has one and his owner, spottie, says it's helped him.

I can not speak highly enough of Bio Flow Collars i bought one from a charity auction and was rather scepticle but Dodge was like the walking dead so thought it would be worth a try.

Best money i have ever spent, although he is sometimes stiff he is 10 000 times better than he ever was, Dozy im sure will agree he is spritely enough :hihi:

I can not speak highly enough of Bio Flow Collars i bought one from a charity auction and was rather scepticle but Dodge was like the walking dead so thought it would be worth a try.

Best money i have ever spent, although he is sometimes stiff he is 10 000 times better than he ever was, Dozy im sure will agree he is spritely enough :hihi:

My bold

Especially when there's the prospect of food or a fuss!!!

I've just gone and bought one off Ebay - it was at a bargain price, so I thought, why not ... might help Mina and can't do any harm. All her arthritis can do is get worse as she gets older, so I'm going to give it a go.