Gastric Band Surgery and NHS Resources

fat people shound not be aloud surgery on the NHS. If they cant diet, Its their fault. Being fat is NOT an illness.

Lets' check the archives and see how many fatty's came out of prisoner of war camp's. NOT ONE.

You are what you eat. You might say you dont eat much, Its what you eat and how much of it you burn off.

If your fat then you obviuosly ARE eating too much and NOT doing enough excersize (if any at all)

so get you head out of that family sized pack of crisp's walk to the shop and buy some rabbit food and run home. a couple of weeks doin this every day and the fat will fall off and you will feel much better....

JOG ON

fat people shound not be aloud surgery on the NHS. If they cant diet, Its their fault. Being fat is NOT an illness.

Lets' check the archives and see how many fatty's came out of prisoner of war camp's. NOT ONE.

You are what you eat. You might say you dont eat much, Its what you eat and how much of it you burn off.

If your fat then you obviuosly ARE eating too much and NOT doing enough excersize (if any at all)

so get you head out of that family sized pack of crisp's walk to the shop and buy some rabbit food and run home. a couple of weeks doin this every day and the fat will fall off and you will feel much better....

JOG ON

there is always one prick who thinks he knows it all xxxxxxx

Unless of course you have an illness that does cause you to be fat...."Being fat in NOT an illness" - you are correct, it can however be a symptom of an illness.

But, to be fair, this is far more rare than many would like to believe.

I don't think all the food adverts and cookery programmes on TV help. It's easy to be judgemental, doesn't help much though. Even sportsmen get treatment for injuries sustained in their sports.

It's as hard for some people to refuse too much food as it is for some peeps on here to differ courteously

last night on the news it showed a man in Haiti being pulled from rubble after 4 weeks. He was as thin as a rake. That proves that if you dont eat, you loose weight, STOP putting food in your fat gob and do some excercise and you WILL loose weight, being fat is not an illness its just a pityfull i feel sorry for my self fat arse excuse coz your lazy and greedy.

No, it is not. An anorexic would be happy just to look like a size 10 or 12 model - but because of their mental condition, even if they actually are a size twelve, they still believe themselves to be morbidly obese.

Sorry, I felt the need to clarify this a bit. What you're describing is actually Body Dysmorphic Disorder. And while anorexia is very often attributed to BDD, the two are not mutually inclusive. It's an important distinction, because BDD leads to bulimia and obesity as often as anorexia. There are a great many overweight people out there who are suffering with bulimia, but don't make the connection, because of the misconception that bulimics are only skinny people.

last night on the news it showed a man in Haiti being pulled from rubble after 4 weeks. He was as thin as a rake. That proves that if you dont eat, you loose weight, STOP putting food in your fat gob and do some excercise and you WILL loose weight, being fat is not an illness its just a pityfull i feel sorry for my self fat arse excuse coz your lazy and greedy.

I hope you're not suggesting starvation as a means to lose weight. That man may never recover from the damage starvation has done to his body.

I spent most of my youth listening to comments much like yours from my father, directed at my mother. The result was my mother losing all self-esteem, all hope, and giving up on herself. She died of a stroke 6 years ago.

Obese people KNOW eating less and moving more will help them lose weight.

Smokers KNOW smoking can cause cancer.

Gamblers KNOW they may lose.

Constant shouting at them about how stupid they are will never get to the WHY of it, and very little will change until you get there.

Wow this is a minefield topic really isn't it.

I know someone who has just had a bypass on the NHS.

Ultimately I believe that everyone should have equal treatment on the NHS because if you started to exclude one group, where would you stop? Don't treat smokers, drinkers, anyone who does any exercise (they might injure themselves)?

In this particular person's case however I'm not sure I really agree with it. He has not really tried dieting and goes to the pub several times a week and drinks pint after pint (followed by driving home but that's another story :rant:)

On the flipside it would be very difficult for him to lose weight because he has severe diabetes and high blood pressure so has limited mobility.

And then even after the bypass if he continues to drink he won't even lose much weight anyway surely?!

But if it did work for him them that would help his diabetes and blood pressure, which could save the NHS money in the longer term.

It's all pros and cons and swings and roundabouts really :huh:

They should bring back rationing. Jail anyone selling Double Deckers on the black market!

Double deckers oh my word, food of the gods!

Oh and I just feel the urge to have a slight rant about people saying their weight problem is due to their glandular 'slow metabolism'. Well I have an underactive thyroid which causes slow metabolism. It's easily treated and I'm a size 8, because I don't sit on my arse all the time and watch what I eat. So that kind of ******** annoys me.

Worst is when I had an over active thyroid and people used to say I was 'lucky' because I could eat vast amounts and still waste away. I always felt like smacking them in the face because they has no idea how awful that actually is to live with. Lucky my arse! :rant:

ANOTHER PRICELESS COMMENT

ILL JUST NIP ON AIRFARES.COM AND SEE HOW MUCH A FLIGHT TO HAITI IS:loopy:

*sighs, sadly...*

It's a crying shame that you can't do something about putting some weight on in that woefully undersized brain of yours.

My uncle was being treated for Asbestos-related cancer, during the last family holiday we went on before he died.

He was on steroids, very large doses, and really clapped weight on, onto his formerly nine/ ten stone frame,

He went from a 30/32 inch waist, to a 42/44inch-plus waist.

Are you telling me that my dying uncle was "Stuffing his fat gob?"

If so, I suggest that YOU are the one that ought to jog on, you oxygen-theif of a lackwit, brain-dead troll.

there is always one prick who thinks he knows it all xxxxxxx

Sadly, Amyrach, your comment is so true. thing is, it takes a simple mind to think so simply, and to assume things are as simple as their pre-shrunk minds think they are.