You're Beautiful , James Blunt: What a fab song!

It actually seems to be growing on me after all this time, which is so very odd. The video's good. And if anyone sang it to me, I would marry them. :help::loopy::suspect:

Originally posted by sugarnspice

It actually seems to be growing on me after all this time, which is so very odd. The video's good. And if anyone sang it to me, I would marry them. :help::loopy::suspect:

Personally I think the video is hideous. Any promo that features the singer seductively peeling off his clothing, pouting as he mouths his bloated, meaningless guff to his three-albums-a-year audience currently distracted by the new Jamie Cullum & Katie Mella releases- deserves to be treated with no regard whatsoever. To say "it's cool not to like James Blunt at the minute" is giving him way too much respect. There is nothing cool about him in the slightest, not even in hating him. His music is indicative of the New Wave of blandorama that is scourging the airwaves like a cantankerous wart. If anyone sang it to me in earnest, I would probably kill myself.

Originally posted by Tubthump

Personally I think the video is hideous. Any promo that features the singer seductively peeling off his clothing, pouting as he mouths his bloated, meaningless guff to his three-albums-a-year audience currently distracted by the new Jamie Cullum & Katie Mella releases- deserves to be treated with no regard whatsoever. To say "it's cool not to like James Blunt at the minute" is giving him way too much respect. There is nothing cool about him in the slightest, not even in hating him. His music is indicative of the New Wave of blandorama that is scourging the airwaves like a cantankerous wart. If anyone sang it to me in earnest, I would probably kill myself.

Well that made me laugh. I don't actually want to like it at all. Not normally my thing whatsoever. It has infected me somehow. :confused::hihi:

Listening to Jimmy B. on Parkinson at the moment... I have to ask...

Is he a castrato? ... He sure as hell sounds like one!

Not my usual type of stuff..........but......in my humble opinion the whole album is superb. :)

I said earlier in this thread that i like this song and i like the album. Since then people have come on posting what albums they have bought recently and slagged James Blunt off at the same time.

Does this make you all trendy in some way? Why not just post saying you don't like it?

Well i better get with the trendy people out there.

We've just bought:

Scissor Sisters: Hit singles

Black eyed peas: Elephunk

Blur: The best of

Ministry of sound: Back to the old skool

And, the ultimate reggae album

Ohhhh, the trendyness is just flooding in :suspect:

They were not trying to be 'trendy'. as Robbie and a few other people challenged people who had slagged off James Blunt to say what music and artists they liked, people did. they werent trying to be trendy...so there! ....:P

I like the song, it's going to be a great songs for weddings etc. Shame he's still skint though - heard on the radio that he's not going to get any royalties until next year ...

Where have I been for the last few weeks?

I heard it for the first time yesterday, not knowing who was singing or who the singer was until the DJ said at the end.

I have to admit that I thought it was lovely!

Nice little romantic number.

Recent acquisitions:

Franz Ferdinand

Goldfrapp

unfortunately don wen u have heared it all day every day for a week it really dus ur nut in otherwise its a brill song