You're Beautiful , James Blunt: What a fab song!

Originally posted by CherryNicole

think he's done it on purpose

Ummm... bit of a trendsetter hey?

Originally posted by Trever

Ummm... bit of a trendsetter hey?

lol no! loadsa songs do that don't they?

lol no! loadsa songs do that don't they?

The unedited unreleased version actually went something like this> #My life is brilliant.... "Oh shoot! I came in a bit too early guys, could you maybe just edit that bit out?" Guy on desk > "Yea sure, *cough wonker cough*"

I think is another one of those "forgetable" ones. In three years you won't even remember the guys name. The word I would use is mediocre.

Now crazy frog, that is REAL music... :hihi:

I thought this song sounded familiar, then the other day Toby (Foster) pointed out that the first few bars of this song are the theme tune to "The Incredible Hulk".....

i must admit ive never heard any of his stuff but i will check out the album at some point this week , there was also a very interesting article about him in the times last saturday in the interview he comes across as a decent chap

The missus says he was on GMTV or summink - he used to be in the army aparrently! :confused:

Originally posted by SHarper

I thought this song sounded familiar, then the other day Toby (Foster) pointed out that the first few bars of this song are the theme tune to "The Incredible Hulk".....

When i first heard the song a few months ago i thought it sounded like the jurassic park theme tune :P

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

The missus says he was on GMTV or summink - he used to be in the army aparrently! :confused:

If i remember rightly the army runs all the way through his family. It is a great tradition for his family. James joined the army and did very well but decided to leave and start a career in music.

His website has the full story.

When i first heard the song a few months ago i thought it sounded like the jurassic park theme tune :P

Funny you should say that, when I first heard the song I though it was the soundtrack to the Exorcist until I realised it was actually just the sound of me violently vomiting into a bucket, my body convulsing and rejecting every earful as it would had I attempted to digest a double-decker sh*t sandwich.

I'm still waiting for the detractors to post their favourite current albums.

I'm geting the feeling of the hatred for James Blunt has less to do with the quality of the album but more about the agressive promotion (he's on the side of a bus for christ sakes)and high airplay.

I got this on pre-order on a recommendation after listening to a couple of his songs on his website.

I can understand why people would be fed up with the overexposure but cannot understand about the hatred of the song.

I'm sure that if he was an unfound talent who was big in indie circles a lot of music snobs would love him.

It seems that we have a habit in this country of hating anyone who is succesful. It wouldn't happen anywhere else.