You're Beautiful , James Blunt: What a fab song!

I don't get it - is the "uncut" version (where he says "f**king" instead of "flying") the original one? It sounds like a weird thing to say, doesn't really fit in with the rest of the song. "Flying" actually makes more sense! When I first heard the "uncut" version I thought it was someone else dubbing over it for a laugh.

The album has been out for 9 months now so i think the radio edit will be the latest version. I think both versions work.

Well I bought the 'radio edit' ;)

I also bought the Coldplay album - cos me lad likes 'speed of sound' AND I bought Greenday wake me up when September ends...

It's like being a teenager again!

Haven't bought so much in ages :D:clap::thumbsup:

I was actually starting to wonder who in they're right mind would shell out their hard earned cash for this cynically "hear-felt", record company exec box ticking, sopping, soulless, agrophobic-housewife/ ex Simply Red fan demographic fulfilling effluence and I stumbled across this thread.

Please, please, please, please tell me you're all taking the p*ss. You are aren't you? Ha ha ha very funny. You had me going there for a minute....

And his voice. Going for the Damien Rice meets singer from Maroon Five are we? How very astute, you'll hoodwink the kiddies as expected, but you might snare yourselves a few Telegraph readers en-route. Oh look he swears as well! Man, he's so gritty. His songs can't possibly be accused of insipid bland balladry by numbers because he uses the "f-word", and everyone knows it's cool to swear.

It goes without saying that you can't claim to be a real fan unless you buy both "radio" and "street" edit.

its totally crap....too ballady and mushy and all he keeps saying is 'ur beautiful, ur beautiful,ur beautiful' how boring is that?

and his song goes to number one? the world has gone insane and lost its gud taste of music!

ahh go on yer miserable bleeders :D

Tell us what you like then so we can critise back :P

Originally posted by Tubthump

I was actually starting to wonder who in they're right mind would shell out their hard earned cash for this cynically "hear-felt", record company exec box ticking, sopping, soulless, agrophobic-housewife/ ex Simply Red fan demographic fulfilling effluence and I stumbled across this thread.

Please, please, please, please tell me you're all taking the p*ss. You are aren't you? Ha ha ha very funny. You had me going there for a minute....

since its so bad why not tell us what cynical Indie rubbish you like so we can laugh at you ;)

Jesus wept... it's the most boring song!

I really like the back to bedlam album and i thought he was amazing when i saw him at glastonbury. My fav songs are high, wisemen and billy. I like (for want of a better word) the swearing in the song high....i think it works.

and while the topic has been brought up i always like 'indie rubbish' :D

In the begining bit of the song when he first sings, it sounds like he comes in too early, and then starts singing again at the right point. Anyone else notice this?

Originally posted by Trever

In the begining bit of the song when he first sings, it sounds like he comes in too early, and then starts singing again at the right point. Anyone else notice this?

think he's done it on purpose