I am searching for Bernard Calvert

Does anybody have any information regarding a Bernard Calvert that lived in Sheffield. Will probably be in his 70s now. I Believe one of his brothers was the famous boxer 'Billy Calvert'

Does anybody have any information regarding a Bernard Calvert that lived in Sheffield. Will probably be in his 70s now. I Believe one of his brothers was the famous boxer 'Billy Calvert'
Iused to meet Billy in Tunes builders yard from time to time He was in the building trade ,think he had finished in the ring at that time. Arthur.

hi nicey

just seen your post went to school with calvert bros always fighting oneanother sure billy went into building trade but remember

had pub on common kings head lost track bernard best i can remember regardsaj

As far as I know Billy still lives in or around the carbrook/brightside area..... last year he came to my mum and dad's golden wedding at the Aurora.. believe he might go out round there and the Brinsworth area etc....

Hello NICEY.Not sure if you will ever see this after all this time.

Just out of curiosity I typed my fathers name from my birth cert into Google and saw his name,and as I was born in Sheffield in 1937 I wondered if he could be him.

Please reply

Gerry MARSH

I believe Bernard lives in Torquay .He occasionally comes back to Sheffield and I have seen him in the pubs in Darnall .His brother Billy had the Sportsman in lower Darnall at one time but dont know if he is still there.

Hi Stewpot54.Most grateful for your reply.

gerrym

Hi,it's stewpot54 I think I was wrong it's Ronnie who lives in torquay/sorry about that !

Thanks Stewpot54.

Do you know if his father was called Bernard and if he is still living?

Thanks

Gerrym

I am Billy Calverts Son. All i can tell you is that he did not have a brother called Bernard. His brothers are Ronnie, Joe and Jack.