Which of these towns would you choose to go to for the weekend?

Where would you pick to spend a nice weekend with your partner?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you pick to spend a nice weekend with your partner?

• Glasgow
    • Bristol
    • Nottingham
    • London (bit expensive)
    • Norwich
    • Manchester
    • Birmingham

We want to go and see the fun lovin criminals, unfortunately they are not playing in sheffield so we're thinking of making a weekend of it and going away. Unfortunately none of these towns stands out as somewhere great to go away - what do you reckon?

hmmm I'd say Edinburgh! Lovely place :thumbsup:

I went to see the Fun Lovin' Criminals last year at the Octogon, and am in fact, currently wearing their T-shirt.

I was very sadly dissapointed. Much of the music was sampled, and it would have been a fantastic gig if they would have had a proper band on stage, rather than just Keyboards, Leadsinger -guitarist and drummer.

The whole gig was a bit flat, as they were having to play to a sync track, and most of the reviews stated that they are severely lacking in new material, as at the time they hadn't realeased anything for a few years.

London is a great place to visit, there is so much to do, don't miss the ride on the thames, ferry, which you can use to get from station to station on the thames and see the sites at each one. Once you have paid you can hop on and off. And they serve fosters lager on the boat!

I'm suprised, muddycoffee! I went to that gig and really really enjoyed it :) London would be great, I just don't know if we can afford to stay down there.

Kookykoo, thanks for the suggestion but they're not playing in edinburgh! Would sure like to go there sometime though.

I think a lot of it depends on wotelse u wanna do apart from c the FLC. And also how u intend to get there.

For example, Norwich is quite a nice place with some nice surroundin areas but its a nitemare to get to on public transport.

yeah just realised i had a stupid 5 minutes there!!! tee hee hee

I'd say Bristol or Manchester, both lovely places with good vibes, though be warned: a fair bit of snobbery abounds in Bristol! But then in my experience you always meet lovely people at gigs who make up for any shirty locals

I just adore Glasgow, the perfect place for a break. Edinburgh is gorgeous, but Glasgow has the grandeur, the buzz and the vibrant city feel. Great shopping and night life too.

Not in the list, but I'd choose Newcastle. Done loads of weekend city breaks and that one sticks out beyond most other places as there's just so much to see and do.

I'd chose Bristol. Great night life.

You can go to Nottingham or Manchester any weekend - too close to Sheffield.

Bristol and Birmingham are both nice places - but Glasgow has more to offer for a weekend away - but is it too far away?

London is too expensive.

I voted for Norwich. Great little city, and you can get around it in a weekend. Beautiful cathedral, fantastic castle museum, and nice hideaway pubs set amongst narrow, cobbled streets.

Go for it kathythebean! :thumbsup:

Mmmm I think we'll be driving, so really, londons out of the running :(

That sounds lovely red! I have had bristol reccomended to me as well. It will be sooooo lovely to get away just the two of us. As well as the gig we would probably want to go out for a nice meal, look round some sights (castles, art galleries, etc) and go to some pubs.

Is glasgow quite rough? It has a bad reputation as far as I'm aware...(although its in the lead at the moment!)

Please vote concientiously the decision will be binding! :)

we had a weekend in manchester a few weeks ago, had a fab time and canal street was a real eye opener, and we really enjoyed it