I want to propose to my girlfriend..Where should I do it?

Venice sounds like a plan, I like that idea, never been there neither.

The fishing idea would be good too, but I cant imagine taking her fishing, she'll think I've lost the plot.

I knew this was a good idea putting it up for discussion, I'll have a look into the whole Venice idea.

Any more thoughts are welcome because I'm not the best when it comes to being romantic.

Hokey Pokey....haha. Amsterdam is one of the most romantic places in the world.

Yes, and if she says no, it is handy if you need some 'consolation' :D

Can't lose!

John X

I proposed to our lass at top of Eiffel tower on 19th sept, she said yes :hihi: worked for me , best 22 euro ever spent, what a bargain lol

My OH proposed to me on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. We had gone on one of their special meal excursions that they run. He had also arranged with the waiter to bring a bottle of champagne after the main meal and proposed just before the dessert arrived. What was really nice was that we were in a little private carriage off the main carriage with a couple of ladies who we didn't know - but we certainly made their day!

This was over 5 years ago and I still remember and cherish the moment.

Take her on a 2 day break to Barcelona. Be carful she doesn't say yes because she thinks your rich though.

My OH proposed to me on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. We had gone on one of their special meal excursions that they run. He had also arranged with the waiter to bring a bottle of champagne after the main meal and proposed just before the dessert arrived. What was really nice was that we were in a little private carriage off the main carriage with a couple of ladies who we didn't know - but we certainly made their day!

This was over 5 years ago and I still remember and cherish the moment.

Now that's wonderfully romantic, then again, I love steam engines!

Peak Rail which runs between Rowsley and Matlock do meal excursions, but they book up quickly in advance!

It doesn't matter where you propose..

I just asked her outside her Dad's house whilst sitting in the firms van.

That were 34 years ago...oh, and she said yes.:)

How about the place you went for your first date?

That would be my worst nightmare :lol: We went for a curry and I was so nervous I threw up outside after the meal. Not the thing to impress someone on a first date :hihi: Must not have put him off too much as we are still together 8 years on (still waiting to be asked the question though)

Anyway some ideas:

-On a hot air balloon ride (they do them over Sheffield)

-During a picnic in the peaks / favourite walk (on top of a mountain?) would have to wait for nice weather

-The place were you first had a holiday together

- A Geo cache 'treasure hunt'

Hi people,

I'm looking into proposing to my girlfriend and to be honest have no idea where to do it? I have picked out a ring and am desperate for some help or advise??

I think i'd want to pick my own..

Anyway, to be honest I wouldnt mind where- if it was meant and genuine, and was what I wanted as well the place wouldnt matter.

I dont like over elaborate cheesy gestures.

Take her on a 2 day break to Barcelona. Be carful she doesn't say yes because she thinks your rich though.

Lake Como? Yes. Barbados? maybe. The Seychelles? definitely.

But a 2-day break to Barcelona?

Fantastic as Barcelona is it is hardly the high life! :D

john x