First Bus Strike - Sat 23rd & Mon 25th Jan - now cancelled

It's about time SYPTE grew some balls and removed all tendered contracts from First, and maybe give them to a not for profit organisation, or even run them themselves

Good job they waited until after the snow, as then those idiots saying "woooo clear roads!" would be saying the opposite.

You people piled onto the busses and made it a most unpleasent journey! ;-)

Anyways back on topic, I though that al lthis strike nonsence was over? due to the fiar rise and all. Or is there another excuse for fairs going up?

Until you see anything offical, take it with a pinch of salt!

I presume that now its on the front page of todays star you believe it !

I asked the driver of the bus I got on tonight and he said he knew nothing about it!

Im still waiting for my free tickets for the days I lost on my weekly tickets from the last strike:rolleyes:

Here is the latest statement - NO STRIKE ACTION!!!

Industrial Relations Issues Sheffield - Update

We are now pleased to confirm that proposed strike action on First buses by Unite in Sheffield is suspended.

The Trade Union have not advised us of any further dates of action and positive talks are on-going to resolve the outstanding issues.

We are confident we can avoid any further industrial action.

Here is the latest statement - NO STRIKE ACTION!!!

Industrial Relations Issues Sheffield - Update

We are now pleased to confirm that proposed strike action on First buses by Unite in Sheffield is suspended.

The Trade Union have not advised us of any further dates of action and positive talks are on-going to resolve the outstanding issues.

We are confident we can avoid any further industrial action.

There you go, No strike action. So presumably, this thread can be closed to stop speculation?

time to fight back sheffield folk let the head office in aberdeen know what you think of their company, ring 01224 650100 fax 01224 650140 or first group plc 395 king street aberdeen ab24 5rd, lets make the difference, p.s. it isn't the drivers but the way it is run by the m.d. from rotherham and his disciples that cause the problems, who i have had the pleasure of speaking to personally and got no where, i'm sure mr lockhead and others would like to know more so give it a go nothing to lose, if not purrup and shurrup owd sheffield quotation.

There you go, No strike action. So presumably, this thread can be closed to stop speculation?

The strike was on

But stopped and the drivers have to re ballet

Wish my company was like Olive Grove depot. Unions giving me a few days off every few months. I wouldn't have to use my holidays then.

I wish the bus drivers would just keep working and stop complaining.

what they striking for ? do they want to take even more £'s off us for takin us on a short trip ? judging by the glee you seem to get by handing a somalian driver £1.95 for a 2.5 mile trip it wouldn't surprise me !

It's about time SYPTE grew some balls and removed all tendered contracts from First, and maybe give them to a not for profit organisation, or even run them themselves

um they have... check out the latest bus changes.. its a nightmare though, with bus journeys in the evening and sunday and even part route are being run by different operators.

no thought for the passenger. i suspect this is why first put prices up, cs they lost the money for running these services...

dull